Anyone overclocked with the new ics leak?

joehump22

Reaction score
I know some bionics were overclocked automatically with the .2233 ics leak. Of course i am not overclocked! Has anyone been able to make this work and how? Please explain like you're talking to a second grader. Thanks.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Went into rom toolbox and in cpu control it says I'm running at 1200. Benchmarks confirm.

wilboy

Reaction score
I know some bionics were overclocked automatically with the .2233 ics leak. Of course i am not overclocked! Has anyone been able to make this work and how? Please explain like you're talking to a second grader. Thanks.
+1.....i wasn't overclocked too when i was on ICS Leak..Nice to hear some feedback too!:happy3:..BTW..am back to 905...don't have any problem w/ my Bionic ever since i own the bionic,except when i tried to upgrade to this ICS Leak,dunno why!?! :angry:

Went into rom toolbox and in cpu control it says I'm running at 1200. Benchmarks confirm.

Hope you get what he's asking for...:biggrin:

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Its not a matter of making it work, it just seems like wither you are or you aren't overclocked after you load the leak. Have you looked in rom toolbox or setcpu to see if you can raise the Max slider anymore than 1000?

wilboy

Reaction score
Its not a matter of making it work, it just seems like wither you are or you aren't overclocked after you load the leak. Have you looked in rom toolbox or setcpu to see if you can raise the Max slider anymore than 1000?
I don't think u can adjust/slide that to 1.2 ghz once ur already on 1 ghz ICS leak,lucky you,you have that automatically..Even my setcpu that i purchased since when i was on D1 isn't working either!!Tried to overclocked also using the terminal emulator w/no luck!:sad-b:

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Yeah, out of the multiple ways I tried overclocking my phone while on gingerbread I could never get it to work. I guess its just luck of the draw with the ics leak even though I don't understand how the same program would be different from phone to phone.

wilboy

Reaction score
Yeah, out of the multiple ways I tried overclocking my phone while on gingerbread I could never get it to work. I guess its just luck of the draw with the ics leak even though I don't understand how the same program would be different from phone to phone.
Yap..i better be wait for the ICS Official OTA!:)

OP
J

joehump22

Reaction score
Yea i checked everywhere and 1ghz is the max. I guess thats going to be good enough. Thanks for all the replies!

powrful1

Reaction score
I am another lucky 1 @ 1200 with 2233.....gl

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1.....i wasn't overclocked too when i was on ICS Leak..Nice to hear some feedback too!:happy3:..BTW..am back to 905...don't have any problem w/ my Bionic ever since i own the bionic,except when i tried to upgrade to this ICS Leak,dunno why!?! :angry:

Hope you get what he's asking for...:biggrin:

It's not a "problem" per se, since the Bionic is technically a 1GHz device anyways. A bunch of us were talking about this in the Droidhive shoutbox Friday night, and came up with a bunch of theories. One thing we know for a fact is that it isn't tied to CPU revision - many rev. 2 CPUs (such as mine) are automatically clocking to 1.2GHz; and a bunch of people with rev. 3 CPUs are only hitting 1.0GHz. But then again, some rev. 2's are only hitting 1.0GHz, and some rev. 3's are hitting 1.2GHz just fine.

The only theory that we came up with that makes any sense at all stems from the fact that ICS is using a stock OMAP4430 kernel directly from Texas Instruments. Our theory is that an automatic stability test is run on the CPU after install (during the first bootup). Most likely something which does something like prime number factorization while checking for errors against a known good result. If the CPU can pass the test without error, the kernel is set to run up to 1.2GHz. If errors are encountered during this test, the kernel is set to 1.0GHz. If you are familiar at all with PC overclocking, and the program "Prime95", you are familiar with this type of testing.

Note, this is only a theory- not fact. But it is the only theory so far that makes sense. And it is a known fact that some CPUs simply clock higher than others.

mranderson1

Reaction score
hopefully at some point, we all get up to 1.2ghz...in the meantime...maybe the people at 1ghz, like me, for now can just compare battery life between 1.0/1.2ghz on .232 and .230 . hows that sound? = D

besides this one thing....232 has been a dream for me. .905 had data drops all the time. this feels zippy! fast! like a whole new phone!

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just curious guys, how did you go about installing it? I was running eclipse from 902 with safestrap and I had to flash back to 902, clearing everything. Then i went to 905 and ICS before i ever rooted. So a nice and squeaky clean install with a 1.2 GHz result.
Were any of you guys running 905 already with root prior to the install? Did any of you carry your data over to the ICS leak?
Could it be possible that if you were to FXZ back and reinstall ICS with no data, that it might get you 1.2?

Driod Bionic ICED 232

bhp117

Reaction score
first it i tried to install 2233 i got status 7 error maybe because i was forever rooted so i use rsd to fxz to 902 the ota 905 then 2233 got 1.2

then i fxz 902 to try 2231 sames steps same result still 1.2

did the same step til samurai have the fxz with out data loss then i use samurai script for 230 and 232 still got 1.2

then samurai have new udate script to 905 with data loss so i used that to go to 235 and now i'm still getting 1.2

i think i'm 1 of the lucky 1 that got a very solid bionic
before when i was on 902 & 905 i was able to overclock to 1.3 stable, no fc on apps or reboots , my antutu is @ 6500+ but my battery sucks and it gets quite hot sometimes @ 130f

maaybraak

Reaction score
I'm another one of the "unlucky" ones at 1.0. I did find an overclocking zip, but u have to go into the mount file and manipulate some of the commands which is above my pay grade.

krucifyd

Reaction score
Ok guys, help a newbie out. I have installed ics 2233. How do i check to see my clock speed to know if i got the boost or not? I assume i probably need some app but don't know what to get or where.