Anyone Notice this on Froyo Roms?

Krish

Reaction score
Did not know where to post this. But has anyone noticed game performance issues when installing Froyo 2.2. To explain, i have the first froyo 2.2 leak installed on my Droid at 1ghz p3's kernel. It runs smooth and no lags on home screen on launcher pro yadayada also in gaming there's no lag. Take Heavy Gunner for example. On first untouched leak of 2.2 it runs smooth with no lag on some of the levels with a lot of monsters no matter how intense it gets. Also playing videos with flash online have very little lag. Then i tried BB Froyo .01v and also team chao's Froyo version. Both seem to lag with it comes to gaming in heavy gunner, which i'm guessing the Fps is not very high. Also videos seem to lag much more at times.

Could something be messed up here on my droid im not sure. I keep reverting to the first leak because it seems to be much more smooth for me in everything, even market worked fine.

Any other inputs? or others experiencing this.

Skull One

Reaction score
Did not know where to post this. But has anyone noticed game performance issues when installing Froyo 2.2. To explain, i have the first froyo 2.2 leak installed on my Droid at 1ghz p3's kernel. It runs smooth and no lags on home screen on launcher pro yadayada also in gaming there's no lag. Take Heavy Gunner for example. On first untouched leak of 2.2 it runs smooth with no lag on some of the levels with a lot of monsters no matter how intense it gets. Also playing videos with flash online have very little lag. Then i tried BB Froyo .01v and also team chao's Froyo version. Both seem to lag with it comes to gaming in heavy gunner, which i'm guessing the Fps is not very high. Also videos seem to lag much more at times.

Could something be messed up here on my droid im not sure. I keep reverting to the first leak because it seems to be much more smooth for me in everything, even market worked fine.

Any other inputs? or others experiencing this.

Yes, there is a difference between the two betas. And I agree that Beta 1 seems to be faster in certain areas. Add in to the mix which kernel you use, plus the applications you have installed and it gets real interesting to troubleshoot. If your Droid with your load out works on Beta 1 better, by all means use it. That is the beauty and curse of our Droids. Every one of them can act differently.