Is it just me or is Froyo sluggish?

eliassami5

Reaction score
Flashed foryo on my droid about 2 days ago and have not been very impressed with it. Had BBV1.1 before which was the fastest smoothest rom ive ever seen. Wiped data and cache twice before running froyo but it just lags everywhere. Im running a 1ghz kernel also.

After every reboot it takes like 3 minutes to load all of your home screens, while waiting you cant switch screens until like a minute after reboot.
Keyboard lags EVERYWHERE, that annoys me to no end, i scored close to 1300 on quadrant and the frikin keyboard lags in the messaging app and the browser and...just everywhere.
The home screen just randomly wont respond to touch and takes like 5 tries to change screens.
Switched to Launcher pro and that solved the screen response issues and some scrolling issues but still not much faster.

Im pretty sure these issues will be fixed in the official 2.2 launch but until then ill stick with BB.

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score
Mine has been faster than anything I've ever tried before.

I agree, my quadrant score on BB1.1 with a 1g kernel scored something like a 600, while on froyo i scored a 1300-1400. But numbers dont mean anything when everything lags

warrior21

Reaction score
I am running froyo @1.2ghz and my wife is still running nexbeastv1.0. We ran quadrant at the same time and it wasn't even close and I don't mean just the scores. I have no lag whatsoever. Maybe you didn't get a clean install.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score
And yet again...I understand that its much faster than 2.1. But it is extremely sluggish during everyday use. It might be an issue with the ROM or it might just be my phone, just want to see if others have had the same experience as i have.

Last edited:

CongoJack90

Reaction score
I was running cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 at 1.1 ghz and now I'm running froyo at 1.1 ghz and I feels like a brand new phone to me. I guess it varies and this is just a port of froyo so it might not "play nice" with some peoples droids but it might work better on others.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Mine flies, much faster than BB 1.1 at the same clock speed. Apps load quicker and there's no lag at all. Of course, I'm using LauncherPro instead of the stock launcher, that helps, but even with the stock launcher it was fast.

When you installed, did you wipe everything (data, system, cache) before? I didn't the first time I installed and my performance was horrible. Once I wiped everything and reinstalled it was much, much faster.

warrior21

Reaction score
Maybe you can try reflashing the Rom and see if you get better results.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And yet again...I understand that its much faster than 2.1. But it is extremely sluggish during everyday use. It might be an issue with the ROM or it might just be my phone, just want to see if others have had the same experience as i have.

Try wiping data/ cache again. Also Launcherpro runs better then stock.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Mine feels pretty good with launcherpro. The browser is noticeably faster for me, but flash seems to pretty much suck. The stock launcher was choppy as hell. Coming from a BB install with launcherpro, it was seriously painful. Thankfully launcherpro works great with froyo.

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score

yes i already wiped data and cache twice before installing froyo. And yes launcher pro is hands down the best launcher out there.

modified

Reaction score

Kinda sad isn't it? That a developer has greater skills to make a home app than google and motorola. That's my major issue with android.:icon_evil:

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score

Kinda sad isn't it? That a developer has greater skills to make a home app than google and motorola. That's my major issue with android.:icon_evil:

Well thats kinda the whole point of android..its an open platform where developers are invited to out do and improve what Google has already done. Google is not saying that everything they make is the be all end all, they invite others to make something bigger and better, and thats what launcher pro has done.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well thats kinda the whole point of android..its an open platform where developers are invited to out do and improve what Google has already done. Google is not saying that everything they make is the be all end all, they invite others to make something bigger and better, and thats what launcher pro has done.

I hear that you did it twice before. And I know you do not want to go through all the setting it up again. But wipe cache and data again. My phone has been running smooth at 600.

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score

I hear that you did it twice before. And I know you do not want to go through all the setting it up again. But wipe cache and data again. My phone has been running smooth at 600.

i dont mind wiping data again, but its too late now, i restored back to BB 1.1 and probably wont go back to 2.2 until an official release or a leaked pre-release.