Anyone know of a good way to video chat on this thing?

csphokie

Reaction score
Skype of course is not yet working on my bionic (even after going to settings and checking the video support box) and I can't get GTalk Video portion to work on my home PC using Chrome, Mozilla or IE (every time I get a flash error). Has anyone found a work around? Would love to be able to video chat w/ my fam when I'm on the road. Thanks for the help!

kylo77

Reaction score
Try Tango or Qik I've had limited success with them. As far as I know the family will need a Droid with the same application, I don't think there is a PC version.

Good luck

Arius1

Reaction score
Skype does work if you get the hacked version from xda forums. Someone posted already about this in the forums here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

K

kbatrph

Try Tango or Qik I've had limited success with them. As far as I know the family will need a Droid with the same application, I don't think there is a PC version.

Good luck
my wife has an iPhone and i have the Bionic....Tango works great between the two of them!

DoctorV

Reaction score
I'll have to try Tango out. Qik crashes on me every time I select the video chat feature.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
I am unable to find qik on the market with my bionic, but I found it no problem with the wife's d2g.... what gives do I need an update or something?

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Ive been posting about this since Day 1 of this D3 release, I did the upgrade from d2 to this JUST for video chatting, To date NOT ONE APP has worked on my phone. My bf has EVO 4g, we dwnload the same QIK, vTOK, Tango, Oovo, and what other people report as being successful on their phones, is not successful on mine.

Tango will display choppy media but the audio SCREECHES and we cant do it.

Oovo is not supported on MY phone. But is his.

Etc., etc., if you look objectively at the forums, you will see video chatting and camera as two of the biggest issues arrising from normal consumers.

The only other thing thats bigger is these crazy techie freaks :)D) obsessed about rooting their phone.

gsDroid

Reaction score
The only other thing thats bigger is these crazy techie freaks :)D) obsessed about rooting their phone.
Ha, ha, that's a good one. Rooting has some advantages, but no one should feel left out if they don't root. Have you tried GTalk?

McGyver777

Reaction score
Gtalk just worked flawlessly on my bionic. Make sure you have all your data setup for push. Actually I was on wifi just now and while pixilated it was very cool.

BSG4893

Reaction score
Skype of course is not yet working on my bionic (even after going to settings and checking the video support box) and I can't get GTalk Video portion to work on my home PC using Chrome, Mozilla or IE (every time I get a flash error). Has anyone found a work around? Would love to be able to video chat w/ my fam when I'm on the road. Thanks for the help!

Try oovoo it works great for me and my girlfriend I have a bionic and she has an phone.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Google talk

plus.google.com also just went into public beta, works with this phone in hangouts.

jhom

Reaction score
GTalk is working fine between my Bionic and my daughter's Bionic. It is a bit low res but works well with wifi and 4g.