Anyone having heat or reboot issues with their Rezound?

jdorf40

Reaction score
I had my Rezound for almost 3 weeks with no issues and then one day it just started rebooting over and over and over again. I took it into the VZ store and they warrantied it. I got the new phone the next day and when I powered it up it was working fine. As soon as I charged it though I noticed it was getting really warm and after I unplugged it there were several operational issues. It wouldn't place a call, the charge indication on the battery icon was still showing as though it was actively charging, as was the orange charge light indicator. The camera LED's wouldn't turn on etc. If I tried to restart the phone or power it off completely it would freeze in process and just be a black screen that was backlit. If I popped the battery out and restarted it, it would function properly again. I've tried using different cords, different outlets and it seems to do the same thing regardless of where I charge it. This is my second Rezound and I'm just wondering if I've got bad luck or if this phone has some issues that HTC needs to address. I'm waiting until 10am to go to the local VZ store and see if they'll give me another one, or if I'll have to wait until another phone gets sent overnight...but this is really starting to get frustrating. I had the Thunderbolt before this and didn't have any problems with it at all and I love the HTC layout but wtf? Grrr...:angry:

cp24eva

Reaction score
I think you may be coming across a streak of bad luck. I've had my rezound for a few weeks...no problems whatsoever here. it's been very nice to me. Only problems I had is when using launcher pro. Other launchers worked for me, but were laggy for me. Sense is what i'm using now and it's smooth running. have you did a factory reset? did you download any apps from unknown sources? I also have a program called LOOKOUT and it helps me....I think. No viruses to account for.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
The only download I've done is DeskSMS but it had been on my phone for a few days prior to it taking a dump. This new one started having issues almost right away. Through the first few weeks of the original, I absolutely loved this phone. Sense has been much smoother than it was on my Thunderbolt and I've really had no complaints up until 3 days ago. But now I'm 2 phones down and about to try for a 3rd. I'll have to check out LOOKOUT and see if somehow there is something on here that shouldn't be. I'd be surprised if this phone went through any QA process as I had it for less than 2 hours before I started having problems. I'm super bummed. My world is a lot darker when I'm having issues with my phone...it kind of makes my world go round. haha

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I don't know to be honest. It looks brand spankin' new. And after powering it up initially and doing the setup I'd have sworn it was brand new. But now, after having these issues so fast...I'm wondering if it's not a certified refurb or something...

cp24eva

Reaction score
when I had the bionic they wouldn't give me a brand new one. did it come in the original box or was it in some shrink wrap and had directions on how to activate your new phone? I would probably try and demand a brand new phone. But you have to be stern and firm. don't let them get over on you. if on your 3rd try the rezound doesn't work out for you, then i don't know what to tell you. HTC could possibly lose out on a good customer. lol. sucks that these android phones have so many different issues.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I doubt it worked through the system so fast as a refurbished already. I would suspect power issues myself. You said you tried different outlets... Were they all at home? Can you charge elsewhere?

If doing it at a few different places I would have them exchange the charger, then perhaps the battery... My battery monitor tells me voltage and temperature. It is not unusual for batteries to get hot during charging or during periods of high discharge.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I called the 800# at VZ this morning and they offered to send me another one overnight. I told him I'm a little upset that I've gone 3 days without a phone that I just paid $300 for less than a month ago. He said that he'd call the local VZ for me when they open in the next 30 minutes and see if they have a phone that I can swap it out with. He said it's the stores discretion and that if they choose not to, he'll overnight one to me.

I've tried different outlets as well as using the USB and having it plugged into my laptop or home PC. Like right now, I've had it plugged into my computer here at work because I wanted it to be fully charged when I head over to the Verizon store (if they accept swapping of course) and it's been plugged in for nearly 30 minutes and is still showing the exact same amount of battery and I haven't been on it at all. Very odd. And yes...it's warm.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. sorry for the issues you've been given. I hope the replacement works out, but like mikeinctown said, change out the battery with another one and the charger. it almost seems like a faulty battery issues. See if they can do that for you before you opt to get a new one sent out. I know before when I had a different phone it was my battery that was faulty. This could be a similar issue.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I'll definitely run that past them and see what they say. I brought everything with me today just in case. Hopefully it's something simple like that. I'll let you know what goes down. I appreciate the input from everyone...

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
Well, VZ is sending another phone overnight. Hopefully this one is just a sti.Ker and the new one will operate like my original did. At the moment this thing is actually running quite well...but I had to restart of course...

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Are they giving you a brand new one with a new battery? When i got a replacement bionic, it didn't come with a battery. I plugged in my GF battery and it worked fine for the most part.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you got a refurbished(certified-pre owned sticker on it) phone. Verizon will not give you a brand spanking new phone as a replacement. My wife's phone also one day had a none stop reboot issue when I placed it on charger. I had to do a hard factory reset. Solved the problem. My phone has not had any issues what so ever since day one. Been almost a month.

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I asked them about a brand new one and he told me that it depends on their stock. I really don't care as long as it looks new and works properly. He said that it'll just be the phone. He said the issue isn't likely to be the battery or the power cord...

I'm going to remain patient and hope the next one performs as expected. If not...I won't be dealing with them over the phone. I'll go to the store and make a scene embarrassing enough that they'll give me a brand new one just to go away. ;-)

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thats the way I'd go about it. People don't like you angry in their face in front of all their friends. lol.