Anyone having freezing/lag issues w/ RAZR HD?

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Did I just get a bad phone out of the batch or is anyone else experiencing problems with the phone freezing/ delaying and or lagging? Example: I just tried turning on the screen to check a text and it wouldn't come on. I didn't get an audible notification when I got the text, I just felt the phone vibrate and saw the light flashing. After the screen decided to come on I got the audible notification tone. When I'm typing in the browser or any app, the phone freezes and I can't see what I'm typing and then it finally kicks in. Even the keyboard vibration stops working. Opening the camera has a delay, taking a picture has a delay. Picture finally snaps 3 seconds after the shutter sound and light flashes. Takes 5-8 seconds to snap a picture. Doesn't sound like that long but try taking pictures of something before it has a chance to move...such as candid shots. There are so many more times I get delays, lags and freezes. Now my battery seems to be draining quicker than it did when I first got it. I even loaded a battery saver app to stop it. I've never dropped the phone and I did a factory reset after the Jelly Bean update jacked it up. Does anyone else have these issues or is it just my phone? I've only had the phone since November (I think).

jdroid80

Reaction score
Mine was fine for first 2 weeks but last 1 1/2 week it's been freezing about once a day. Pretty annoying.

Its done it twice already tonight. If it continues I might take it in to get checked. If all they do is reset it it's going to suck to have to re-download all my apps again.

djspy

Reaction score
My Maxx HD did that last week pretty frequently. Hasn't done it this week. have you tried clearing the Apps Cache? I have an app called History Eraser which i use to clear apps cache. It can escalate quickly to almost 200mb.

djspy

Reaction score
Turn the phone on and off. You could also do a soft reset by holding the power button and volume down button at the same time. The same way you take a screen shot. Keep holding them til the phone reboots. Don't let go when the screen shot happens.

SuperDroid

Reaction score
My phone just wanted to sleep 12 hours too it seems. Pulled it out of its Otterbox and it fired back up.

needadroid

Reaction score
My phone is doing the same thing. Especially freezing at least 2-3 times a day!! I thought I had gotten a virus! So I should just delete the apps cache?? Or do I have to do other stuff?

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Yes, last night while browsing the web, my 3 month old stock HD completely froze up. The screen stayed on and I couldn't get anything to work. Could not turn it off, nothing.

I left it off of the ac charger and this morning everything was back to normal???

davegutz

Reaction score
My culprit was "Startup Auditor" carried over from my old Droid X. I would suggest no assuming that ANY of your old favorite apps will work on your new phone. Start fresh and add apps incrementally.