anyone having car dock problems?

djcyph

Reaction score
when i first used it the car mode automatically came up...

anytime after it, it wont...i had to do a factory reset for fix a sync problem and it still does not appear when i put it in the dock

someone else is reporting same problem on android forums...i want to see if its happening to everyone or if its something in settings

thanks guys

For me, car mode wouldnt come on the first 2 times I put it in the dock. Eventually after playing with it for 30 mins, I put it back into the dock (I actually had to jam it down and heard a click) and sure enough, car mode came on. I was kind of worried because I didn't liek the sound it made, but when I pulled it off after getting home, everything was fine. I havent tried it since.

But it does seem like a b**** getting it in there and having car mode come on.

For me, car mode wouldnt come on the first 2 times I put it in the dock. Eventually after playing with it for 30 mins, I put it back into the dock (I actually had to jam it down and heard a click) and sure enough, car mode came on. I was kind of worried because I didn't liek the sound it made, but when I pulled it off after getting home, everything was fine. I havent tried it since.

dude thank u soooo much!!!!

i didnt want to force it either....pushed it and got that click like u said it works beautifully every time now

dude thank u soooo much!!!!

i didnt want to force it either....pushed it and got that click like u said it works beautifully every time now
Sweet! Glad to know it's not just me then! Won't be so worried next time I put it in there. It was kinda hard to pull off too, but I'm sure it'll condition itself with time.

I hate car mode anyway. I'd use Setting Profiles to have Bluetooth and Speakerphone come on when I dock it. That's all I care about.

I noticed my phone doesn't site quite level in the dock. Anyone else notice that?

Car docking problem

I hate car mode anyway. I'd use Setting Profiles to have Bluetooth and Speakerphone come on when I dock it. That's all I care about.

I noticed my phone doesn't site quite level in the dock. Anyone else notice that?

Yes, the right hand side on mine sits slightly higher than the left. Hopefully with the above fix (pushing the phone so it clicks in place) will also correct the level issue.

I too have the dock and experienced the same exact issues. If you look closely at the USB plug on the dock that the phone mates with you will see 2 little nibs that click into the phone. I used a dremel tool and carefully ground them flat. The phone now slips right in and out without any pressure at all

I'm wondering if they change in to car mode due to recognition of usb rather than magnet like Droid 1 cuz it dose not initiate untill fully seated probably the same thing with a home dock when it comes out

Yesterday, I'm using the navigation (Google Maps) and I answer a phone call and the voice navigation instructions don't automatically mute. The person on the other end couldn't hear them, but I could. It seems ridiculous that the car dock doesn't mute navigation while on a call. Anyone else have that problem?

Im pretty sure I saw an option in the settings to do this.

How do u add the music app to the car dock? I don't wanna download a third party app if I don't have to but I want to be able to listen to music while in the dock

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

Not sure I dont use the stock car dock, I use one called car home. Has some useful features for me.

been playing with the stock app and damn does it suck.
why would we need two search apps, not be able to customize it, oh and not play music in landscape while connected to the dock.

* oh yeah i forgot about the part that it doesnt allow for the extended battery

I think verizon f*d just as much as they possibly could

been playing with the stock app and damn does it suck.
why would we need two search apps, not be able to customize it, oh and not play music in landscape while connected to the dock.

* oh yeah i forgot about the part that it doesnt allow for the extended battery

I think verizon f*d just as much as they possibly could

i guess they assumed you would be charging it while it is in the car dock and i think the car panel is a htc thing so it would be on them .

Back