Anyone have any info on the high cap batt?

hydro556

Reaction score
Verizon is shipping me a high cap battery for my Incredible. I just got the phone today and havent had battery issues obviously at this point, but based on complaints here I went ahead and had them send me the high cap battery (~2300 MAH if I recall) and the new back cover.

Just wondering if anyone has any hands on with it yet. Is it a pretty long lasting battery?

tech94

Reaction score
Didn't even know they are available yet. Last I heard it was gonna be mid July. I have the 1750 and i like it. Sure the 2200 would be much hetter

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It is actually 2150mAh. How did you get Verizon to send you the extended battery for it? Was it free or did you have to pay for it?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
It was part of a resolution of some issues I was having with wi-fi and my (3rd) Moto Droid. I ended up changing to an Incredible, and got them to send me the high cap battery.

I have no battery in hand yet (supposed to be here tomorrow) but I specifically asked for the higher capacity battery and was told I was getting the battery and the larger back cover required for it. If I recall, the tech said it was 2300 MaH. It was in that neighborhood.

Will advise tomorrow. After one full day with the Incredible, I can say I REALLY like it. Especially the actual PHONE aspect of it.

It is definitely snappier, by a good margin, than the Moto was, but the best part is that is feels and operates more like a phone. Really liking it. Best of all, I now have consistent wifi. Also really satisfied with Verizon. Took some time, but they took care of it all.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It was part of a resolution of some issues I was having with wi-fi and my (3rd) Moto Droid. I ended up changing to an Incredible, and got them to send me the high cap battery.

I have no battery in hand yet (supposed to be here tomorrow) but I specifically asked for the higher capacity battery and was told I was getting the battery and the larger back cover required for it. If I recall, the tech said it was 2300 MaH. It was in that neighborhood.

Will advise tomorrow. After one full day with the Incredible, I can say I REALLY like it. Especially the actual PHONE aspect of it.

It is definitely snappier, by a good margin, than the Moto was, but the best part is that is feels and operates more like a phone. Really liking it. Best of all, I now have consistent wifi. Also really satisfied with Verizon. Took some time, but they took care of it all.

Ahh cool deal. The HTC Extended Battery that Verizon sells is a 2150mAh battery. The tech was wrong if he told you it was more than that.

Glad you like your incredible. Get ready for some added bulk with that extended battery.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score

Ahh cool deal. The HTC Extended Battery that Verizon sells is a 2150mAh battery. The tech was wrong if he told you it was more than that.

Glad you like your incredible. Get ready for some added bulk with that extended battery.

So far, I havent committed myself on any accessories that will be affected by the additional battery size, whatever it ends up being. The case I use is the same generic flip open belt holster I used with my Moto, so there is room in there.

After my second day with the Incredible, I like it quite a bit more. Really a great all around handset. Love the slimmer profile. It fits my hand just right and is so fast. In every aspect.

Really noticeable when auto rotating. And populating lists, etc.

LOVE the phone.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Battery delivered today, will post pics tonight

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Got my hands on the extended capacity 2150 mAH battery from HTC. Nice, looks like it should be a pretty good boost in battery life based on the increased mass. Phone still feels small relative to my moto Droid.

Got it on the charger now. Looks like it will be fine, assuming it gives a good boost in performance. Will post some pics in a bit.

kmo

Reaction score
Who cares about pics. It's a battery, how long does it last, that's the point isn't it? Post results when you start using it. Enjoy...

zMd113

Reaction score
I want to see pics! I want to see if the bigger battery cover is an eye sore or not. Because I might buy one of these batteries.

zMd113

Reaction score
BARF! That's freaking ridiculously huge! I'll pass.
Thanks for the link.

kmo

Reaction score
That is just "ridiculously huge", nice to have more power but come on. That really ruins the design IMHO. I just have a couple extra 1500 mAh (ebay) batteries & charger set up. They work just fine and I get a little more time on them over the oem batt. I always have a charged battery ready to go, and I keep my beautiful INC design in tact. :)

zMd113

Reaction score
yeah sometimes even when I'm using my Incredible I turn it around so I can stare on the backside....oooooooo yeah...