Anyone get WiFi Tethering/Hotspot to with ICS leak 232 to work?

jimbarr

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten WiFi tethering to work properly with ICS leak .232?

I do not have tethering provisioned on my account, and when I try to activate Verizon's Mobile Hotspot, it errors telling me to call customer service.

I tried the FoxFi app, and it starts up the hotspot intermittently, and it allows my laptop to connect, but it does not pass Internet connectivity.

I tried WiFi Tether, and it just doesn't work. (Anyone know the proper Device-Profile to use?)

WiFi Tether worked on .902 and .905 flawlessly, but since going to .232 it doesn't work.

Suggestions?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Did you try changing the network name on foxfi? That helped me out.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I use FoxFi on .232 with no problems. As said above try changing the network name to your own instead of Droid Bionic and set a password and that should clear up any issues. It can be finicky at times but it is a hack not an officially supported app so quirks are to be expected.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
There's a quick, simple, and easy SQL hack that will allow you to use the stock app, which works fantastically for me.
Tethered my buddies nexus 7 to my bionic in under 15 seconds when his galaxy s3 couldn't tether

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Also I'm on 232, and the stock tethering app works great now and worked well on 905 as well

kylo77

Reaction score
Yes it does. Are you rooted? If so you need to download SQL Lite to make a change to the setting database. If you google Bionic entitlement check you should get a few hits. You have to change the entitlement check from 1 to 0. Once that is done just reboot your phone and setup hotspot normally. I personally have not used foxfi but hear it works just as well.

good luck