Anyone else lose purchased apps?

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Just submitted for help to Google, but since I upgraded to the Bionic my purchased apps aren't being displayed as purchased. Both on the phone and market website. I'm sure it's just coincidence that it happened today, but anyone else having issues?

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
They're not missing. They display with the price instead of "Purchased". Touchdown and WeatherBug Elite are 2 of them.

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Yep, same account. On the market website it shows the same thing, and says I haven't purchased any apps. It does however show me all of the free downloaded apps I had on my previous phone, so that confirms it's the same account.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
on market.android.com can you log into any other gmail accts you might have and check under "My Account"?
I have a feeling you might've migrated to another acct.. it happened to me back on my OG Droid and I had to fix it.

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Ok whatever was going on is resolved now. Either they fixed it that fast or there was just a glitch somewhere momentarily. Thanks guys.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
glad it's resolved :)

was there anything you did in the interim? even if you dont think it was related it might be a good reference if others have the same issue later on.

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Only thing I did differently was hit the My Apps button in the Market app instead of searching for the app I purchased. That's when I saw my purchases, and then went back to the website and they were there as well.

crashx2

Reaction score
I've been having a similar problem. My root apps, roottools, rom manager, bootstrap, ect..., all show as purchased. But my apps not requiring root, betterkeyboard, juice defender plus, camera360pro, ect..., show as not purchased. What's up?
Also, my 3G coverage is about half compared to my droid x. Another problem my battery life. After a full charge it only took me about 2 hours to go down to 30 percent. Does anyone have any answers? Thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Got this text about the same time costco activated the phone. Maybe it was related
VZW Free MSG. This confirms your email address was created or changed. If you didn't request this change, call us by dialing *611 from your VZW phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mokamoto

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue on my Bionic. I only have one gmail address, and de-linked my dinc from my accounts. Random apps that I downloaded to bionic seem to have a broken link. Common trait is that they seem to be apps that were moved to the bionic's media area (internal sd card). The icon for the app is still shown on my home screen, but if flashes that message "Application is not installed on your phone.". Also, the icon is no longer present in the "All Apps" drawer. Weird. Any ideas?

Anathema

Reaction score
What's the market show regarding the apps that claim to not be installed, mokamoto?

I've had the "lost" purchase issue since my D1. And initially had it with the bionic too, but yeah - just click my apps and you should see it. This also seemed to be an issue when restoring massive amount of apps. It would say I have no restores pending, but when I click my apps it will show all my apps and a progress bar (for downloading/installing) only to then finally proceed in restoring them. However if I don't click my apps, the restoration will hang until I do. I haven't had the restoration issues yet on the bionic, but when flashing starts happening I'll be sure to try and see if this is still the case.

mokamoto

Reaction score
@Anathema In market, it shows the button labeled "Install" just as if the app was never installed. Another thing I noticed today is that it seems to occur on those apps that experienced a initial problem when trying to move it to the media area.

I noticed a few more things with this issue.

1. If I download an app and move it to the media area, some apps give me the message "failed to move application.". If I try to move the app to the media area a second time it usually goes okay. Half the day goes by with no issue, then when I click on the app icon on my home screen it says the the app is not installed.
2. If I look at the list of apps under manage applications it shows the name of the app in some extended format such as "com.appdlab.magnify" (for the magnify app). It gives me the option to move it to the phone, but when I click on this it gives me the message "failed to move application."

Could it be that a bunch of us have bad internal SD cards? I really like the phone minus this Houdini app issue, and the extended battery door cover issue.

Jmdd53

Reaction score
I called verizon about this they said Motorola is working on a fix for it it should

I am experiencing the same issue on my Bionic. I only have one gmail address, and de-linked my dinc from my accounts. Random apps that I downloaded to bionic seem to have a broken link. Common trait is that they seem to be apps that were moved to the bionic's media area (internal sd card). The icon for the app is still shown on my home screen, but if flashes that message "Application is not installed on your phone.". Also, the icon is no longer present in the "All Apps" drawer. Weird. Any ideas?

I called verizon about this and was told Motorola is working on a fix it should be sent out in a update but they have no idea when, the app is still on your phone just dosnt work i have tried loading on the SD card and the phone and still have same problem not bad for a phone we pay so much for,