Anyone else have this issue?

WeedR

Reaction score
So I got my bill today and there was a charge for 20 dollars under data. I called verizon and they said it was through a third party premium messaging company. I don't remember texting any premium text messaging and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Natey2

Reaction score
So I got my bill today and there was a charge for 20 dollars under data. I called verizon and they said it was through a third party premium messaging company. I don't remember texting any premium text messaging and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks

Logon to the Verizon site and use their controls (not easy to find) to disable features you think might cause unfair billing, like premium/animated messaging/sms, ringtone purchases, etc.
They even have options to disable spam text messages (that usually originate from email accounts, or from websites).

ricks

Reaction score
I wouldnt pay it, if you did not know about it. Tell them you know nothing about it.

Coastieee

Reaction score
I had that question for them just the other night, in my case it was like an extra $30. I went in to the local store with a print-out of my bill and asked about it and I the fact they had my dad's name displaying on the second page of my bill before the actual phone records list as I at first I thought I got charged his bill too cause it didn't show my payment that I had made earlier and instead looked like I had gotten a whole-nother month tacked onto my bill. They told me the name glitch was some left over thing from when we had a family plan and were on the same bill even though I had gone through the whole credit check thing to get my own account in my own name years ago.

I said the same thing to them, cause I didn't remember doing any premium message thing either and they got around it by saying how you have to specifically sign up for them in order to initiate any premium messaging service. So I had him cancel (so it was on him if anything was charged again later) the services and then block premium messaging so they wouldn't come through again. He said you get charged like $10 for every messagpe like that. Come to find out later after looking at I what he canceled it was from things like txts from CA Lottery that I did sign up for, but was unaware it was considered premium messaging to have that. On the site they just have a field for you to enter your phone number if you'd like a txt sent to your mobile and an add button. It doesn't say in fine print anywhere around there that you'll be charged for it over your regular txting plan...eh oh well live & learn I guess :/ .

PS: my sleepping pills are kickin in pretty hard now so I think I should stop and retire for the night