Anyone else extremely dislike Otterbox yet?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Title says it all, I used to live by Otterbox but unless they make better stuff in the future, I'm not buying another one.

They're supposed to be ridiculously resilient and durable but both of mine have just fallen apart for no reason.

Both belt clip holsters have broken in some way. My DX one got caught in the seatbelt while getting out of the car and broke the clip off. Then with my Gnex one, I was pulling my phone out of the holster and the top clip broke off rendering it unusable.

The cases themselves were pretty good, but the DX one stretched out and just never fit right. On my Gnex one, the place where the clip would fit just basically disintegrated and disappeared so the rubber wouldn't stay on very well...

Just my random review rant. I'm still looking for the perfect case. I thought the Otterbox was it, but noperz... :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Here's the deal.. If you break an Otterbox.. Call em and let em know.. Then they'll replace it...

I've had an awesome experience with Otterbox. I've had one on every phone I've owned.. From the droidx, x2, bionic, RAZR maxx, maxx hd, note 2...the only time one has failed me was when my wife was putting a note 2 into a defender, and dropped it and shattered the screen... So it wasn't in the case yet.. Lol..

I'd call them.. They come with a warranty..

grozone

Reaction score
My mom has been complaining about her Otterbox case but I think it's just 'cause it looks boring. Not sure about it breaking or anything, it seems like it's alright.