Anyone else already have tiny scratches?

kimintenn

Reaction score
I have been carrying my GN in my pocket (by itself, nothing else in there) and I noticed today that it already has some fine scratches on the screen. I had my OG droid for years and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. Is the consensus that we will have to use screen protectors on this phone or am I being too rough on mine somehow?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Mine has already dropped once and been in my coat pocket with both keys and a zippo lighter. No scratches, but with the drop the battery door popped open a little on one of the tabs.

Pressed it down and it snapped right back in.

audioman42

Reaction score
Sand is pretty much the only common thing hard enough to scratch it, so your pocket was probably dirty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Nubbie

Reaction score
I have been carrying my GN in my pocket (by itself, nothing else in there) and I noticed today that it already has some fine scratches on the screen. I had my OG droid for years and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. Is the consensus that we will have to use screen protectors on this phone or am I being too rough on mine somehow?

Better to be to safe than sorry. screen covers are replaceable. amoled screens not so much.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been in and out of my pocket since Thursday, not a single scratch. Being extremely careful with it and will be once my screen protectors get here.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
You can take your key and scratch it as hard as you can but you still won't get a scratch on it. -according to a post I read in one of these forums.

I also heard the screen is as tough as it can get.

I don't know why you have tiny scratches on yours. Have you tried wiping the "scratches" off?

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
You can take your key and scratch it as hard as you can but you still won't get a scratch on it. -according to a post I read in one of these forums.

I also heard the screen is as tough as it can get.

I don't know why you have tiny scratches on yours. Have you tried wiping the "scratches" off?

Yep, have tried wiping them off... they're actual scratches, down near the bottom right the screen ends and goes to the blank black space. They're very small and very thin, but definitely there. And I haven't had it anywhere but in my pocket with nothing else in my pocket. Hopefully they're just a fluke and I won't get anymore. These I can live with because they're so small.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yep, have tried wiping them off... they're actual scratches, down near the bottom right the screen ends and goes to the blank black space. They're very small and very thin, but definitely there. And I haven't had it anywhere but in my pocket with nothing else in my pocket. Hopefully they're just a fluke and I won't get anymore. These I can live with because they're so small.
could flip your pockets out and throw your pants in the washer to make sure. :D

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i did the key test on the rezound and didnt get any scratches yet when i had it for 3 days i got a nice scratch right in the middle of it....the metal in the keys are pretty soft. i have a el cheap screen protector on mine till some good ones come out that are worth getting....

natezire71

Reaction score
If I were you, just get a screen protector. Once it's on, the scratches disappear. Not literally, but you can't see 'em with the protector on.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
If I were you, just get a screen protector. Once it's on, the scratches disappear. Not literally, but you can't see 'em with the protector on.
I think I'm going too... I was spoiled by my OG Droid being completely scratch proof! I dropped it on pavement numerous times and the screen was still perfect.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Ok, so I can't believe that nobody else is getting these scratches on their screen... I've been babying this thing and more are showing up. Again, you can't really see them unles you're in very bright light and look at it from certain angles.

I guess I'm going to have to research screen protectors. Hopefully there are ones out that don't take away from the beautiful screen!