Anybody Use LG Tag+ with NFC tags?

Airman1947

Reaction score
So I recently decided to finally try and mess around with the NFC features on my Spectrum 2, and they're pretty cool. I've found that with the "Android Beam" feature on, I can actually send and receive stuff from my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S3 by touching the backs of our phones together like you see in the Samsung commercials, even though mine's an LG. Wow, that's cool!

My question deals with the NFC tags that come with the phone. I've programmed one of them with the LG Tag+ app, so that when I scan the tag, my phone goes on vibrate and data turns off while I'm at work (service sucks in my building and it saves battery). It's nice, but the only thing is, when I scan it, a notification appears in the top bar with the NFC icon and it doesn't seem to clear. It won't let me swipe it away, and it only goes away if I either force close the app, or scan the tag again, which turns vibrate mode back off and turns data back on. Kind of annoying to have the icon in the notification bar, and kind of defeats the purpose of the app (simplicity) if I have to force close it. Anybody found a way around this? Thanks in advance!

OP
A

Airman1947

Reaction score
Ok, I think I've found a way around it. In Jelly Bean, I recently discovered that you can disable Notifications for any app by going into Settings > Application Manager, and selecting an app, and unchecking the "Show Notifications" box. Unfortunately, this option is greyed out for system apps like LG Tag+, but I found an app that allows you to get around that if you have root access. It's called Notifications Off:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.NotificationsOff&hl=en

In the app, you just unckeck LG Tag+, and you no longer get notifications when you scan an NFC tag. Cool! Now if I could just find a way to get rid of that annoying NFC icon in the Status Bar when NFC is enabled.