Anybody not happy with 3.8.7?

google123

Reaction score
Any problems that you have noticed with the latest update that makes you want to go back??

I have gone back to 2.26.60 for now....

My Pro began locking up at different times. Not for long periods of time but more like 4-12 seconds or so each time at random times.

Another problem post-update is random reboots...twice for me.

Battery is not as good as it was with 2.26.60...

dcj64

Reaction score
Lots of static on in coming calls, taking phone to verizon today to see if they can fix it. If not I'll have to roll it back also, which I don't want to do because exchange works for once.

zenivzen

Reaction score
reboots randomly. one time when i plugged into the headphone jack.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
So far it's been perfect for me.

Before the update - not so much.

Have had random reboots both before and after update. Have super-extended Mugen 3400mAhz, but phone can't Lread' it, thus phone shuts itself off anyway... Motorola extended is better (??).

Hangups... at times, much more laggy than before update. Have noticed more flukey negative things than improvements. Most frustrated my battery stuff...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Very pleased so far...battery better and exchange syncing as close to 100% as I've seen...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Very pleased so far...battery better and exchange syncing as close to 100% as I've seen...

Exchange has been better, but my battery was already good, so I can't report on that.

Western

Reaction score
Updated last Saturday. Phone runs really HOT now and battery only lasts 3-4 hours on stand-by. How do you go back to the previous build?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to sbf.

Link is sticky in this forum.

nanohead

Reaction score
Mine is definitely running better with the latest update. Crisper, faster and less crashes. I have to believe that lots of people have crashes and problems because of some goofy downloaded apps.

I had to remove a bunch over the course of the past few months to restore reliability.

Now with the update, and an extended battery, plus judicious additions of a few (only a few) apps, its one of the best phones I've ever had.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Mine is definitely running better with the latest update. Crisper, faster and less crashes. I have to believe that lots of people have crashes and problems because of some goofy downloaded apps.

I had to remove a bunch over the course of the past few months to restore reliability.

Now with the update, and an extended battery, plus judicious additions of a few (only a few) apps, its one of the best phones I've ever had.

Nanohead,

Are you unrooted? If so, do you use stock launcher or other? I have been on similar path...uninstalling apps, trying to pare down for improved performance. Biggest ongoing bug for me is battery life/ charging. Still tweaking that.

Using LauncherPro now, but contemplating return to stock if that is smoother/ better since update.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Western

Reaction score
I'm going the route of deleting unnecessary apps. One thing I have noticed is the phone heating up seems somewhat random. Some days it's very hot, some days just warm. But since the update it's always been warmer than usual.

Western

Reaction score
Deleted several apps, unrooted and still having the same problems. Oh, and I can't snyc with my Exchange server anymore ("Connection issue").
This is a disaster

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Mine was slow as slow gets right after the update. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset and it runs quick and smooth for the most part.

Western

Reaction score
Is there a post that tells how to do a factory-reset? I'd do it right now - but, you guessed it, I need to recharge first