Anybody going to BB to get a refund on their Pre-Order

DJStormX

Reaction score
Debating whether or not to go back to Best Buy and see if i can get a refund back on my Pre-Order since it seems it wont be coming out anytime soon and tired of date after date of when its gonna be released. Who else is thinking about this?

Allen K

Reaction score
I just did it yesterday. Proved how incompetent my local BB was. I stood in line for about 5 minutes waiting for customer service. When I was up there the lady told me to go to mobile phones to get the refund because they were handling all the presale stuff. I get to BB Mobile and they can't figure out how to do the GC return. The GM of the store is walking by and gets roped into this debacle. 15 minutes later we (me and the GM) end up back at CS counter with the same girl that sent me to BBM. She proceeded to process the return in 1 minute.

Morons. The lot of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a $50 gift card. Basically like holding $50 cash in my hand. Literally anytime I want I can go back into Best Buy and get my $50 cash back in my hand. I have confirmed this at the store with the customer service department. I almost did the other day just for the hell of it. The mobile phone expert at my local BB said I could use the gift card on anything in the store or go get the cash back immediately (at the service desk) and I'd still be the first person he called the morning the TB comes out.

Long story short - there's literally zero risk/penalty/contract with the pre-order from BB. You can basically just 'trade' them 50 bucks to have them put your name on a list.

To be honest, I never really planned on buying from Best Buy anyway. I usually buy from Verizon directly. But since it is basically free to put my name on the list, I figured it was a no brainer in the case of a TB shortage/emergency at Verizon on launch day.

Kboss375

Reaction score
Right now I'm waiting. No point of jumping the gun when there isn't another phone that I want right now. However it seems like we are getting closer to the launch of the Samsung Stealth. I may go and get that instead.

A1deerhunter

Reaction score
I will be getting it at BB. I talked to the mobile phone manager about honoring the previous price of $250.00. She said for those that preordered will get he phone for $250.00.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I will be getting it at BB. I talked to the mobile phone manager about honoring the previous price of $250.00. She said for those that preordered will get he phone for $250.00.:icon_ banana:

well yea cause you already put $50 down on it

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Returned mine last week, think I'm gonna go for the 1 year contract option through Verizon, 10 months from now I can sell it on Ebay for $300-400 hopefully, and upgrade to the next best thing for another 1 year contract price. Question: if you upgrade after 10 months and pay another 1-year contract price does that start your 1-year contract immediately and cancel the last 2 months of your original contract or does it tack it on to the end of your original meaning that you need to wait 12 months instead of 10 for your next upgrade?

derekmiller12

Reaction score
Im thinking about doing it now and just going strickly through Verizon to get the phone rather than BB.. If this thing ever comes out...

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
Did it on the 27th. They were still running the free buy back before then, but since they stopped, cheaper to just use my NE2.