Anybody else having trouble with the mic when calling that vanishes when speakerphone is selected ?

Pyzon

Reaction score
Many people I am talking to using the phone mic complain that my voice is garbled, but as soon as I switch to speakerphone the problem goes away. This is common on both S5's I have.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've had difficulty understanding people with Galaxy S4s and it seems to be related to how close to the microphone they keep their mouths. If they're putting their mouths right over the microphone it overdrives the mic and distorts creating that garbling you're hearing. If they reorient the phone the problem may go away.

Otherwise I've not heard of any issues like you've described.

Last edited:

sooner2000

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Many people I am talking to using the phone mic complain that my voice is garbled, but as soon as I switch to speakerphone the problem goes away. This is common on both S5's I have.
I know this thread is old, but the issue is still happening. I just recently experienced the same issue with my S5. People couldn't hear me unless I was on speaker or Bluetooth. I read somewhere that a guy took an air compressor and used approx. 30 psi to blow out his microphone. First I tried a factory reset, but that didn't work. So I tried the air compressor and held it directly against the microphone for approx. 10 seconds. The issue went away immediately. I guess since the port is so small that it's easily clogged???