Any X shortages?

barski

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone didn't get the X because of a shortages at the store?

qoncept

Reaction score
I didn't get one because they wouldn't sell them to anyone not signing up for a new (NEW, not renewed) contract. The second guy lied and said they were out. Apparently they didn't get their story straight.

Warner

Reaction score
I went over at lunchtime and picked up one of the TWO X's that my local Best Buy got. I was first on the pre order list. They guy who helped me activate it, etc told me that there wasn't a Best Buy store in his district that got enough X's to satisfy their pre-order list. It could just be (and probably IS) that Verizon just hogged them all for their stores. I did the pre order at Best Buy because they were the only ones doing it. I'm happy I did....I had a more pleasant experience there than I ever have at a Verizon store (AND I didn't have to mess with the mail in rebate garbage!). The ONLY accessory they had for it was screen protectors....

Warner

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
VZW store where i got mine had a total of 70 come in, 25 were gone by lunch including mine

lkw16

Reaction score
The Verizon store closest to my office said they sold out by 10 am (and the received close to 100). I called several other corporate stores in the area - and they were also sold out. I ended up just ordering it online...but haven't received a shipping confirmation.

Also, when I called customer service to work out an issue the wait time was somewhat long and the customer service guy said they are slammed. Much greater response than they expected.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Best Buy here in Southern California is out of stock as well as 2 local Verizon stores. I ordered mine last night a little after mid-night on Verizon's website. Orders showing processed but no shipping confirmation as of yet.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
mine was the last one to be activated for the chain of stores where i bought mine. Sounds like they were sold out before they opened yesterday.

hoax

Reaction score
My Best Buy in San Jose got 15 phones for 16 pre-orders.