Any way to have "VIBRATE THEN RING" functionality? or "Soft to Loud" ringtone?

Oohyeah

Reaction score
In all my previous phones, including blackberries, Nokias, and even the first Motorola flip phone (V), the phones have had the 'vibrate then ring' option when it comes to ring mode. For my blackberry, this was an option for notifications like text messages and IM's.

I always prefer this mode because I would rather have the chance of intercepting the incoming call or whatever without having to have the ring tone disturb everyone else around me. The ring, basically, is for times when I am not able to feel the vibrate, like if I'm far away from the phone, or if I'm walking and don't feel the phone vibrate in my pocket.

I have been looking everywhere for an app which does this but haven't been able to find any. (I came across one in the market but it seems like it's no longer supported and doesn't work well with the Droid.)

I sorely miss this feature on my Droid!!

Does anyone know of any apps that can do this, or any way to achieve this?

ALTERNATIVELY, any way to make the ringtone volume start softly and get louder incrementally? Any app that does this?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i believe the app 'ear' will give you all these options. you can also make profiles with it.
hope this helps

Mr Steve

Reaction score
You can modify the ringtone (through other software) to have 'n' seconds of silence in the file before the actual tone. When the tone plays the phone will vibrate until those 'n' seconds are up and then the tone will begin. I'm thinking of doing this myself because I also like the vibrate then ring option of my old phone. Just haven't gotten around to finding out how long the phone will ring before going to voicemail so that I can decide just how many seconds of silence to have preceding the tone.

(edit) Personally I'd rather not have a separate app running in the background all of the time when I can just modify the ringtone file itself.

OP
Oohyeah

Oohyeah

Reaction score
i believe the app 'ear' will give you all these options. you can also make profiles with it.
hope this helps

Thanks, tried it, but it doesn't seem to be able to do it. This one, right?

ear - easy settings profiles v0.5beta Application for Android | Tools

You can modify the ringtone (through other software) to have 'n' seconds of silence in the file before the actual tone. When the tone plays the phone will vibrate until those 'n' seconds are up and then the tone will begin. I'm thinking of doing this myself because I also like the vibrate then ring option of my old phone. Just haven't gotten around to finding out how long the phone will ring before going to voicemail so that I can decide just how many seconds of silence to have preceding the tone.

Ingenius idea!!!! :clap::clap:

THANK YOU!!!! I think I'll just do that!!!!

Good point about the voicemail issue. Is the number of rings controlled by the Droid or the operator?