Vibrate then ring?

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Is there a way to have my phone vibrate for a few seconds, then audibly ring if not answered yet?

My old Motorola Razr could do this so I would think new Motorolas would as well. But so far I can't figure it out.

Is there perhaps a third party app that does this?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but so far I can't seem to find a good answer.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

J-Buck

Reaction score
y not just pick vibrate or ring? or vibrate and ring? i hated how the blackberry would vibrate then ring on its vibrate an ring setting

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Short answer: Because that's what I want it to do.

Long answer: I like my phone to vibrate first before it makes an audible noise so I have a chance to deal with it before it disturbs other people. But if I'm in the next room, I want it to eventually ring so I can hear it, as I certainly can't feel it.

I'm not suggesting the "both at once" option be replaced. Why not two options - one for each of our preferences?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Perhaps RINDROID or another app would allow you to create a ringtone that does this? I haven't tried RINGDROID, so I don;t know what all it can do. I'm really not into music ringtones anymore.

WolfMan69

Reaction score
Yes I want this option too... all my other phones had a setting for it. :mad:

lemodular

Reaction score
a temporary work around is to make a ringtone with some space(silence) ahead of the sound, it would then "ring" and vibrate but you will not hear sound for the first x amount of lead time.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Mine does this exactly -- vibrates then rings. I also have quick profiles which might be causing it to do this.