any way to do this??

george_chris

Reaction score
need help please. I have a 2006 Highlander with no aux. plug for the sound. I had it wired for Sirius radio and tried to use the 1.8 plug today with an adaptor to the 3.5mm plug into my phone but got no sound. I know that Sirius works through FM band. Is there any way to get sound through my speakers for the NAV system on my phone when in the Highlander???Please help. Thanks george

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score

that's what's in there now is an FM transmitter, but how do i hook it up to the sound of the Droid X2 throough the car speakers?

bradleonard

Reaction score
that's what's in there now is an FM transmitter, but how do i hook it up to the sound of the Droid X2 throough the car speakers?

Connect the 3.5 MM headphone jack of your phone to your FM transmitter. If you don't have audio, your Navigation audio may be muted or the Media Volume may be turned all the way down. Try playing music from your phone when connected and see if that works. If you hear sound from your phone's speaker, and then plug into the FM Transmitter and hear nothing (with the media volume turned up on the phone) you likely have a problem with your FM transmitter.

OP
G

george_chris

Reaction score

The wire that is there for the Sirius is smaller than a 3.5mm, I think 1.8mm. I tried an adapter from radio Shack and hooked everything up to the X2 and no sound from car speakers????????????????

bradleonard

Reaction score
The wire that is there for the Sirius is smaller than a 3.5mm, I think 1.8mm. I tried an adapter from radio Shack and hooked everything up to the X2 and no sound from car speakers????????????????

Perhaps you could provide a link to the sirius product that you are referring to. It does not sound like it is possible with the product that you are using. BTW, it is most likely 2.5 MM.