Any Thoughts?

aprolific

Reaction score
Hey everyone, great forum. Has been very helpful in my research. I'm ready to buy my first Droid, and as I've said, I've done the research, but I'm not nearly as tech savvy as most of you seem to be, so I just wanted some final advice.

-Moving down about 10 minutes away from Miami soon, not sure if I'd get use of the 4G or not.

What I want in my phone:

-Good battery
-Durable
-Good Interface
-Good Web Browsing
-Good Call Quality

I probably won't do any rooting or anything like that, not a big gamer, not on the phone all the time, won't have a million apps, not big on pics/video, etc.

So, if you could throw me a suggestion, that'd be great. I probably can't hold out for the Bionic, but if there is really THAT MUCH of a difference, I suppose I could try.

Last edited:

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
If you don't game then having a dual core phone isn't a major necessity, although still preffered imo. Sound slike you wouldn't truly benefit from LTE even if it was available in that area. 3G is good enough for minor browsing, social applications and instant messaging. Sounds like the largest factors for you then would just be money and the feel of the device. The phone market is very volatile so I wouldn't place too much stock on catching a killer sale, they come and go so who knows? You should go to your local store or play with some of your friends phones to see what gui and form factor you enjoy most.

Based on what little you posted, if I had to take a quick guess at which phone to buy RIGHT NOW, TODAY:

3G - Droid X2 ; Droid 2 Global (if u need qwerty)
4G - HTC Thunderbolt

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I agree that the X2 is the best 3g choice, but if your that close to Miami, you'll probably want 4g. Since battery is a concern, you can forget about the Thunderbolt. You should get the Droid Charge, I think it's like 199 at amazon right now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
A

aprolific

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks guys. I feel as if I'm pretty much between the Charge and the X2. Should the LG Revolution even be in the convo?

I'd be apart of the 4G if I'm that close?

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you assessed these device in person to determine your preference for the physical characteristics? Have you compared the UI's? Don't rely solely on spec sheet racing.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Have you assessed these device in person to determine your preference for the physical characteristics? Have you compared the UI's? Don't rely solely on spec sheet racing.

+1

Especially if you never plan to root or alter the phone's UI

OP
A

aprolific

Reaction score
I'm going to test them all out tomorrow, I was just wondering if someone could help me lean some way based on what I'm looking for and all that. This is going to be my first Android.

OP
A

aprolific

Reaction score
Tested them out. In love with the Charge. Screen, layout, all of that. Like the X2 too, but not as much.

Basically, based on what I'm going to do, and the fact that I can get 4G, which should I get.

Last edited: