Any One Here Work For Verizon?

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
on December 27th my dad's reused enV is due for an upgrade. it has broken twice and has been replaced but now on the final lap the phone is almost in disrepair. It turns off on every 2/3 calls he makes and the replacement phones are in horrible shape and it is not worth it. So does any verizon employee know if its possible to upgrade a secondary line 1 month early? Verizon has gotten MORE then its money's worth from our family line. the reason i ask is because my dad is going to give me the upgrade (DROID ;-) and he is going to take my Voyager.
I know i should be asking Verizon directly but my parents dont think it will get us anywhere

Any help any Suggestions?

taypotts

Reaction score
I work for Best Buy Mobile, and my advice is to call Verizon up and explain the situation. Some times you get someone that will help you out.

From what I know if you threaten to leave, or along those lines then they might give in. Worth a try.

Hurtem

Reaction score
I work for Best Buy Mobile, and my advice is to call Verizon up and explain the situation. Some times you get someone that will help you out.

From what I know if you threaten to leave, or along those lines then they might give in. Worth a try.

This is horrible advice which doesn't suprise me coming from an indirect dealer like BBM. Threatening will not get you anywhere. If you were upgrading from a non data device to the droid, most likely a retail store will let you do an early upgrade with the $20 early upgrade fee since it will be a nice $30 DAPC. Be polite, nobody wants to help an ass is the best advice I can give.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would agree that talking to a verizon rep would be your best idea. I know quite a few people who were allowed to upgrade early. Tell them what's going on, and that all you want to do is upgrade, from what i've seen 1 month or less and they probably able to help you.

Hurtem

Reaction score
Just as a word of advice, reps, managers and stores in general are working to make money. Early upgrades on secondary lines do not translate to money in the pocket. But if they get the data products and accessories they more than likely will take it.

jlank

Reaction score
I called customer service and explained about my multi fru's on my storm. The csr put me hold talked to a supervisor who decided to let me upgrade 2 months early. The line I upgraded is a secondary line and it took two different calls to customer service on two different days. Just be polite and explain the situation and you'll probably get what you want. Don't threaten to leave, your bill amount is just a drop in the bucket and will just piss someone off.

shcommish

Reaction score
Verizon has a policy that if you return a phone 3 times within 90 days, they will let you either get a new phone that is the same kind, or a different phone. If you get a different phone, you have to pay the difference in the price of what you paid for your phone versus the new phone. How do I know this? I just did it! It is not something they like to advertise, but will do so if you just ask.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Please please keep this discussion on topic and respectful. Please do not call any more names here. This is something we discourage around here. Thanks and have a nice day

blauter78

Reaction score
Definitely call Verizon and just explain to them. I am secondary line on a family share (wife is primary, damnit) and I have called last 3 upgrades to upgrade early and they have always said ok. I got the droid 2.5 weeks before upgrade date.

Def worth the call.

xjman349

Reaction score
When you call have them check every line to see if any line is eligible also make sure when you call to make sure your rep you get tries the Early Upgrade Exception tool. Sometimes that will let us upgrade you early. Remember that we have policies we have to abide by as well so if the answer is no don't freak out. We only get a 2% mark down pricing on phones vs retail pricing so if its a secondary line just be prepared that the answer may be no.

B1GJ4K3

Reaction score
I used to work for VZW as a CSR and depending on the supervisor you can definitely upgrade up to 4 weeks before your upgrade date. Catch is you pay the $20 upgrade fee. But sometimes its worth it. Now on the multi fru exchange you ex. 3 replacements within 90 days there is a matrix on which phone gets replaced. Since they no longer make the voyager I believe you will be getting a LG touch which was the replacement when I worked there no clue if its changed or if they have more working voyagers now.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Since I've usually just purchased phones online on my own account either at Verizon or on their website, I have a question to people who purchased phones at Best Buy or Verizon...

What information do you need to upgrade a phone? I am trying to get someone to upgrade their phone who is on the other side of the country and I do not know what information they will need to upgrade the phone at Best Buy or Verizon.

I know Verizon has asked for a password before and that was it. This person is not the billholder. So I want them to be prepared.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I've usually just purchased phones online on my own account either at Verizon or on their website, I have a question to people who purchased phones at Best Buy or Verizon...

What information do you need to upgrade a phone? I am trying to get someone to upgrade their phone who is on the other side of the country and I do not know what information they will need to upgrade the phone at Best Buy or Verizon.

I know Verizon has asked for a password before and that was it. This person is not the billholder. So I want them to be prepared.

password, or if you forget, the last 4 digits of the account owner's SSN

Droid1610

Reaction score
Wow I keep reading how ppl were able to upgrade 1 or 2 months early and now I feel really gifted to have gotten what I did...
I started hearing all this hype about the droid and I knew I wanted it, so I being the person I am I called up VZW customer service and I had to explain alot and was very polite to the CSR and the supervisor that jumped on the line but after about 35 minutes of chatting and telling them I had no issue signing a 2 year contract and being an "early adopter" of the droid I got them to backdate my upgrade date 6 months!
I was eligable in may to get my "new every two" upgrade and I was gonna wait till then because I was gonna get a $100 service credit. Well they changed the upgrade date in the computer and gave it to me on november 5th. so I was first in line at 530am on friday waiting to get my Droid. I walked out of the store paying $199.99 and then after my mail-in rebate I'll be paying $99.99 and Thats awesome LOL.

I was also one of the numb skulls that waited 4 hours in line for the iPhone release and paid the $600 for the 8gb model. I like the Droid so much better then the iPhone which is a very long story but I have gone back into the verizon store 2 different times looking for droid docks that I should have bought on D-day cuz now they are sold out but anyway there has always been ppl looking at the Droid display phones and 1 day I started talking to this couple telling them how awesome it is and they were unsure about it and nieve But because I've had it for awhile i knew what to show them and sure enough the one couple said ok we'll take 2 of them and 2 car chargers and I said I dont work here you will have to find someone that does. That was kinda funny to me cuz I was a complete stranger and not a store employee that sold 2 of these phones to new customers. I guess I managed to earn my early upgrade they gave me.
Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to share with you what they were willing to do for me, Im sure you can get an early upgrade you just have to be polite and maybe ask to speak to a supervisor (they have more power to do certain things)

Hopefully you get the early upgrade and you get the Droid. You will LOVE it.