Any new word on the re-launch of GB OTA ?

JokerSeven

Reaction score
I have not been able to find any new information on the re-launch of the GB OTA since it was pulled for the "exchange" issues.
Does anyone in the know have updated info ?

juv3

Reaction score
Coming Soon

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Mike55

Reaction score
Better hurry up. My broken droid 2 is a million times better than the froyo d2g

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can still grab the update file anyways from Rootzwiki, since Ace somehow, don't ask me how, managed to pull it from moto servers. Anyways, next thing I'll do is probably figure out how to make the AM/PM appear again in 606/607.

lankyvaulter

Reaction score
You can still grab the update file anyways from Rootzwiki, since Ace somehow, don't ask me how, managed to pull it from moto servers. Anyways, next thing I'll do is probably figure out how to make the AM/PM appear again in 606/607.

I did this (i think), just google around for the update file, rename it to update.zip, copy it to the root folder of the sd card, restart the phone while holding the X key on the keyboard, when you get to the exclamation point screen hit the volume up and down keys at the same time (I think), from there it is pretty obvious (ie just follow the onscreen instructions). So far I haven't noticed anything groundbreakingly different/better in GB, mostly it is just slightly more polished. Also they took the features from ADW that I liked and made them part of the skin "formally know as blur". Switching between 3g and Wifi still sucks (my fix is putting the phone in airplane mode first then enabling Wifi, this fixes most of the network dropping issues). Battery life still isnt great, maybe slightly better, but not enough for me to be sure. Biggest issue actually is that the notification occasionally blinks green for no reason, only way to clear it is to send myself an email. I don't use exchange or anything encrypted so I can't comment on that issue.