Droid 2 Global GB 4.5.608 update

trinijstn

Reaction score
Hey, i have been trying for days to update my phone to GB and have been failing miserably and the more i read, the more i find that it wont work. But i have 1 more question i cant seem to find anywhere. So my droid 2 global is currently on the MetroPcs network and i know that if i sbf back to stock just to get the OTA GB update i will lose my metropcs flash but since i am already on the metropcs network will i be able to easily change the radio back to i guess .12 and everything will be okay again or is it not that easy. Thanks in advance i know that this might be a challenging question.

PS- also is there another way of getting GB (4.5.608) because i have tried an update.zip i found on google but that kept failing due to a status 7 error

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You'll have to reflash CDMA settings once you flash the SBF.

“Status 7” doesn't tell anything. The detailed error message would.

OP
T

trinijstn

Reaction score
Is there anyway that you can point me in the right direction for the steps in getting this done, or even how to accomplish this please. For example like the radio or do i just use the whiterabbit android files.

OP
T

trinijstn

Reaction score
One more question, becuase the phone is already working on the metropcs network, can i just use QPST to read the info from the phone save it, SBF back to Droid 2 Global (2.4.330) and the update to GB, then connect to QPST and write the same files back to the phone and everything will work as it did before or not?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I know this won't work with Intertelecom UA; once you perform a Read in QPST you somehow cannot do a Write any more so people have to always start with Write.