Any idea what could cause a >35% battery drop in <1 min?

velocity92c

Reaction score
So I was flashing cm6, started with 40% battery. Tried it for about 5 minutes, realized that nothing compares to bb and wiped/restored. The whole time I had my phone on the charger. After the resore my battery was still at 40%. I checked my email, opened the browser and suddenly I got the under 5% warning. Even battery graph shows a massive downward spike. Any idea what could've caused this?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
maybe just an improper battery reading the first time

i dont see how anything else could explain this

nerdbox08

Reaction score
As far as I understand, even though you are on the charger, it doesn't charge in recovery console or while actually flashing. Therefore being in the charger did nothing. It probably just took a second for the readings to catch up.

That's why I always flash on a full battery.

tktouch12

Reaction score
I did the same thing like 10 minutes ago, but went back to BB also. I agree, the only thing it could be is just an innacurate battery level reading

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
WOW. I did not know that. I just came pretty close to bricking my phone, eh?

Moondonkey

Reaction score
In my experience flashing ROMS eats through a battery like a fat kid through a cake.

Also, I think when you first boot into a new ROM, it takes a few minutes for it to get everything together, so I imagine a incorrect battery reading is very possible.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
In my experience flashing ROMS eats through a battery like a fat kid through a cake.

Also, I think when you first boot into a new ROM, it takes a few minutes for it to get everything together, so I imagine a incorrect battery reading is very possible.

I will second this on top of what I already said.