Any fix yet for MMS Slideshow issue

RGoose18

Reaction score
This is beyond annoying. You get a picture mail, you say "Hey pal, check out this pic that person xyz sent me!". You show the pic and it's a text message bc the picture timed out after 5 seconds.

I know you can pause the picture, but when I quick tap the pic and the pause button appears, when I hit pause the picture dissapears!

Is there any way to extend the slideshow time or turn it off completely w/o downloading more apps

Thanks

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
This is beyond annoying. You get a picture mail, you say "Hey pal, check out this pic that person xyz sent me!". You show the pic and it's a text message bc the picture timed out after 5 seconds.

I know you can pause the picture, but when I quick tap the pic and the pause button appears, when I hit pause the picture dissapears!

Is there any way to extend the slideshow time or turn it off completely w/o downloading more apps

Thanks

Same here.....It's really annoying....All I can do in our case is save it and then find it in order to have it shown for more than 5 secs.

OP
R

RGoose18

Reaction score

Thanks

Same here.....It's really annoying....All I can do in our case is save it and then find it in order to have it shown for more than 5 secs.

Exactly, which is pathetic. The developers must not actually use these things.

Logan176

Reaction score
There is no fix for this. I contacted HTC directly and they said they are aware of the issue but there is no work around at the moment. The only option would be to download Handcent and use that as your testing app. It's not a bad app I just think the HTC app looks nicer.

FJF6454

Reaction score
I found the reason of MMS slideshow and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Using iPhone 4 I created message with photo in this order:
1. Typed text
2. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
3. Press Send.

The message comes as slide show.

If I create message with photo in this order:
1. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
2. Typed text
3. Press Send.

The message comes as image with text below.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I asked my wife to remember to attach image first, then type text.

Hope that helps.