Any decent mame emulators for android other than jarcade and android arcade?

vex321

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to these two emulators?
They are both pretty much garbage, I was wondering if there is anything mame emulator upto the quality level of snesoid and such..

Lars1

Reaction score
What is wrong with Jarcade? It works great on my DROID (though it is a large program).

Hotwire

Reaction score
Any update on this? I have a ton of roms that I'd love to play.. Tried TigerMame but had to pull the battery..

kevenz

Reaction score
I have Jarcade, Cps2hd, Android Arcade and TigerArcade on my Droid.

Android Arcade = completely worthless, don't bother.

Cps2hd = only support cps2 games but play them perfectly.

Jarcade = great for cps1 games and neogeo, support most of them from the 90s era...... main problem is you need mame 0.34 set wich is very hard to find, support also more oldschool games like Pacman, Dig Dug, etc.

TigerArcade = it sucked at first but with the new version 1.2, wow! this is the best arcade emulator so far.... it runs all cps2 games perfectly... all cps1 games (with sound problem), all neogeo games perfectly, all Cave games from the 90s but with sound problems, and most Toaplan games also work. Plus its FREE unlike all the 3 other arcade emu.

Hotwire

Reaction score
Kevenz, thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it. How do you seperate what roms are what? I've accumulated a bunch over the years, have 3300 zip files in my rom folder for MAME32, but couldn't tell you what was what..

I've heard you have to have a spare sd card full of roms and nothing else to run one of the emulators...

I loaded tigerarcade, some roms run but others don't. Have a huge variety of street fighter games to play...

kevenz

Reaction score
in tigerarcade, press help...... theres a list of compatibles games, not all mame games works.

only Capcom Play System 1, Capcom Play System 2, Neo Geo, Cave, Toaplan.....

ClausG76

Reaction score
I don't think that tigerarcade is a mame port. It's closer to Finalburn. It's using the mameroms from systems mentioned in the above post. I use this along with Jarcade and CPS2HD. I use Jarcade for the old games other than NeoGeo. And Tigerarcade for NeoGeo and Cadilacs and Dinosaurs. The rest of the Cps 1 games i use Jarcade. The emulators runs great on Cortex a8 phones, when you have them setup proberly. Especially on Milestone/Droid with hardware keyboard

ClausG76

Reaction score
Hotwire

Jarcade: there is a link on his website, directing to GP2x roms (MAME 0.34). Most of them should work

Tigerarcade: Just go for the lates mame versions of the supported roms

CPS2HD: Can't see it in the market anymore. But it's great for CPS2 game. But you could check if Tigerarcade is ok first.

If you have problems with Tigerarcade shutting down when scanning for roms. You could move all other things on your sd to a pc. And then move it back, when you have Tigerarcade running. That worked for me

kevenz

Reaction score
you can download & buy CPS2HD from Android CPS2 Emulator

but to be honest it's quite useless now....... since all cps2 games work pretty much perfectly with TigerArcade.

ClausG76

Reaction score
I just noticed it was back. Since i was prompted with an update.
I also wrote in the earlier post, that it's worth testing CPS2 with Tiger arcade first.

Droid Roids

Reaction score
Just download Tiger Arcade and it's pretty sweet. What are you guys using as a controller? Can you control TA with the Wii Remote program used on the nes/snew emus?

Droid Roids

Reaction score
Just download Tiger Arcade and it's pretty sweet. What are you guys using as a controller? Can you control TA with the Wii Remote program used on the nes/snew emus?
OK I've already done some playing and have been using the Wiimote program with the TIger Arcade. Only problem I'm runnig into is that I can't seem to configure the remote to allow me to move right:up, right:down, etc atr the same time...only can do left, right, up, and down which makes it impossible to play games like Marvel vs Capcom. Has anyone found a way around this or is there just a better program/controller that I should use altogether to fix this?

kevenz

Reaction score
I'm playing using the physical keyboard..... it's pretty unplayable with the touchscreen imo.

Cave shoot em ups are so awesome! glad I can play lots of em on my phone for free.

Last edited:

ClausG76

Reaction score
I'm playing using the physical keyboard..... it's pretty unplayable with the touchscreen imo.

Cave shoot em ups are so awesome! glad I can't play lots of em on my phone for free.

What configurations do you use. I normaly ude the d pad and the "Q, W, A, S, Z and left shift" as the buttons. It works great in most games, but it's not always easy doing diagonals with the d pad.

kevenz

Reaction score
W = up, S = left, D = right, Z = down......... plus the diagonal are q,e,x,left shift.

button 1 = . button 2 = right shift. space = insert coins , left alt = start.

I only play 2d shoot em ups so this works pretty well.... fighting game maybe require something else.

Dodonpachi and Amored Police Batrider are must play! :)