Any Confirmed OTA Updates?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Still seeing "service unavailable" Been seeing it all day, and never made any progress whatsoever. Any ideas? I've reset a few times. Tried the recommendation from gottabemobile. I am using go launcher, but I tried the update from touchwiz also. Nothing.

myersdtm

Reaction score
Got mine in SC around noonish - Faster and smoother in general and fun to play around with BUT, check your settings​, many of the Samsung defaults have switched to Google defaults and other settings have been changed for I know not why. The biggest one for me is under DISPLAY: The Auto-rotate screen box, allowing you to switch from portrait to landscape mode and back again merely by turning the phone, was unchecked. Rechecked it and everything's fine. I suppose the overall vibe I get from the update is that I now have a phone that's more Google than Samsung. I'm not knocking it, just takes some getting used to.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing different from the last leak I loaded a week ago, also rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got mine about 1:00ish,been playing with Google Now.I asked it the score of the Celtics and Houston game,it was on point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

music life

Reaction score
my phone is kinda buggy after the update. My text tone kinda lags now. Like doesnt make the full sound like before, just kinda cuts off halfway threw...

debrad0307

Reaction score
I've been playing with it all day now and the only complaint I have is the keyboard. I hate it. It doesn't auto punctuate or auto spell check anymore. It's going to cause me to either 1. Make sure my spelling is dead on now and 2. Pull my freaking hair out. I used to like the fact that I could mis-type one letter in a word and my phone would automatically know what I was trying to say. Any setting to fix this? Any suggestions?

.:Sent from my S3:.

myersdtm

Reaction score
Weird.- What are your Menu>Language and input>Keyboards and input methods. What's the default?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Still seeing "service unavailable" Been seeing it all day, and never made any progress whatsoever. Any ideas? I've reset a few times. Tried the recommendation from gottabemobile. I am using go launcher, but I tried the update from touchwiz also. Nothing.

I've had this issue twice before on previous phones and the ONLY thing that fixed it was a factory data reset. I'm not sure what gottabemobile suggested, but I would get that same message, maybe with "please check again later" added on, and this was the only thing that did the trick, and I tried it all. Hope this helps.

I've been playing with it all day now and the only complaint I have is the keyboard. I hate it. It doesn't auto punctuate or auto spell check anymore. It's going to cause me to either 1. Make sure my spelling is dead on now and 2. Pull my freaking hair out. I used to like the fact that I could mis-type one letter in a word and my phone would automatically know what I was trying to say. Any setting to fix this? Any suggestions?

Have you tried other keyboards? Swiftkey is the best. JB also gave Swype to the S3 so have you tried that? It's more accurate than ever, but personally I don't like the look, and I'm addicted to the on screen arrow keys I get with swiftkey. If the new Swype had those on it, I just might have switched back.

And Myers in case you didn't know you can also turn the auto-rotate on and off from that top sliding bar when you pull the notification menu down.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I've had this issue twice before on previous phones and the ONLY thing that fixed it was a factory data reset. I'm not sure what gottabemobile suggested, but I would get that same message, maybe with "please check again later" added on, and this was the only thing that did the trick, and I tried it all. Hope this helps.

Have you tried other keyboards? Swiftkey is the best. JB also gave Swype to the S3 so have you tried that? It's more accurate than ever, but personally I don't like the look, and I'm addicted to the on screen arrow keys I get with swiftkey. If the new Swype had those on it, I just might have switched back.

And Myers in case you didn't know you can also turn the auto-rotate on and off from that top sliding bar when you pull the notification menu down.

Thanks for the advice. Gonna try out swype first. I don't wanna have to install another keyboard just yet. As a matter of fact I'm using swype now and it's going pretty good :)

feralchick

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Gonna try out swype first. I don't wanna have to install another keyboard just yet. As a matter of fact I'm using swype now and it's going pretty good :)

I love Swype. I've used it on every phone I've had. Only complaint is getting smiley faces instead of an " I" when I Swype too fast.