Any Car Tuners in the Forum???

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ive used the aDyno it told me i had something like 890 horsepower. when i only have just over 400 in a MK4 VW GTI. that is better then dynolicious for the iphone it told me i have over 1000 horsepower.

from reading on the web i found that all of those apps like aDyno, dynostorm, dynolicious..... ETC have problems giving accurate numbers on cars that run high boost(over 20 PSI) i run 24-26 PSI on the street and 32 at the track.

Last edited:

rican408

Reaction score
Dynostorm was pretty accurate... i drive a heavily moddified rx8

khajja

Reaction score
'04 sti here, yet to try out any of these but will as soon as i can!

Silver Member
Reaction score
ive used the aDyno it told me i had something like 890 horsepower. when i only have just over 400 in a MK4 VW GTI. that is better then dynolicious for the iphone it told me i have over 1000 horsepower.

from reading on the web i found that all of those apps like aDyno, dynostorm, dynolicious..... ETC have problems giving accurate numbers on cars that run high boost(over 20 PSI) i run 24-26 PSI on the street and 32 at the track.
aDyno was junk. i uninstalled the app because i felt like it was doing weird things to my phone. plus you had to know too many dynamics about your car to get it to work correctly.

the internets are powerful, but finding some of the info the app required was near impossible for specific model years.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Dynostorm was pretty accurate... i drive a heavily moddified rx8

Oh? Which turbo setup or engine swap are you running?
Are you on Rx8club? I am there with the same user name :)

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I don't trust any of these dyno apps... I don't think the Droid's sensors are sophisticated enough to measure these forces with any accuracy. These apps are basically toys that give wide estimates.

Anyone tried "aCar" yet? I've been loading some of my maintenance info and I'm impressed so far.