Any Car Tuners in the Forum???

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Trever1t is not a tuner . :icon_ banana:
He likes to ban people for no good reason though . :icon_ devil:
I have tried aDyno in just app form , just put the GPS cradle in today and was going to try it tomorrow .
You tried the Dynomaster yet ?

rican408

Reaction score
Used to have dynostorm.... was pretty awsome. So what does everybody drive?

OP
Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
I havnt tried it yet because I dont get my phone activated until tomorrow. Is there any alternatives that you use with the droid? I drive a 95 Gst. What about you guys?

96BeaSSt

Reaction score
For all of these "portable" devices, I have never understood how they can even guestimate at horsepower. To get the horsepower value, it is a calculation based solely on torque and RPM, nothing more. Without the RPM value, gathered by connecting to the PCM, how can you get the horsepower value? I don't know, maybe I am just overly sceptical about this kind of stuff.

I would like to see an app that could give me pretty accurate speed measurements for when I am on a road course, see where I can improve in certain areas. It would also be great to see how taking a turn faster or slower affects future turns. Now, if the GPS could pinpoint me within 1-2 feet instead of ~10, I would love to overlay my path over downloaded course maps to compare my lines and see how I should be hitting the apexes... Now I think I am getting overly ambitious for a phone. ;)

By the way, I daily drive a 2003 Z06.

Daver

Reaction score
I've been meaning to give it a shot and compare to the actual timeslips from my 240, but it's parked for the winter. I think I'll dl it and see what it says for my WRX, but I've never ran it so nothing to compare to.

MikeCheat04

Reaction score
I tried it in my truck, it was 2 tenths of a second faster than what I actually ran at the track. Different day and location tho, lots of variables. At the track 13.9, with the phone 13.7. I drive an 07 Tundra btw

OP
Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
So its pretty close to the actual thing then. Would the users recomend this?

MikeCheat04

Reaction score
I tried it again just a lil while ago, its sayin 13.01 now which I know is not true. Not sure what caused the big difference from earlier.