Anti-Virus

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
No problem. Used it more than once on my tablet to make my phone ring on the rare occasion I set it down & walked away. Haha!

Sent from my Note 4

EXACTLY why I wanted it - installed on Nexus 7 and Turbo, Turbo seems to have a habit of wandering off and hiding...:rolleyes:

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I have been using the Free Avg and Project Prey on all my devices.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I was looking for info on the VZ protect. I had been using it since I got the phone, but recently it started turning off WiFi in places that I have always used it. I disabled it, but was concerned so I tried Avast. Bad idea. Within an hour it had used 20% of my battery, and my phone was super hot to the touch, all while being idle. I deleted that one and I'm going without any now.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would adjust your settings on the vzprotect.. It works well.. Just requires a little trial and error..

I only suggest using this while there is no root.. Because i believe it also gives vzw a direct look into your device

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
I use Verizon's. Have settings that I do scan manually. Been working great for me.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I am not saying it is a totally bad idea for someone who installs apps from places other than the Play Store (or Amazon app store), or that the Play Store is without certain risks. But for most people, AV is another process running in the background that doesn't really need to.

If VZW offers one, and it comes on their phones or is available for download, I don't see the harm.

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
"]Have you ever found a virus, Ferret?

Never found a virus. I'm always careful what I download ie: FB When it first came out (Verizons) it did inform me FB to be cautious. Did download FB on old phone and although had sync contacts OFF they did get all my phone contacts. Only reason I found out is I requested a history of all my FB activities and yes they do have to provide it. Also, Verizon will scan apps when you install them, ie from Google play store.

1coopgt

Reaction score
I've had Bit Defender block a questionable website that was in a link I accidentally clicked . So that is a good thing.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My experience has been.... more likely to get a virus from a questionable website visit than a download of an app from the playstore.
Then you do a FR and you are good but back to square one as a reminder "Be careful where you vist" like Mom used to say.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use Norton on my Turbo. I already used it on my PC so when I renewed it I just went with the multi device option. I can protect up to 5 devices for very little extra cost. I have my PC, tablet and phone all protected. It's worth a couple extra bucks for the piece of mind.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no need to run antivirus software on your phone especially if you get your apps from the google play store. 99% of the malware issues were from people downloading pirated apps from a questionable source. The play store is safer now than it has ever been since android began. Google is doing a much better job with vetting the apps in the play store. I know developers have issues with how Google has changed their policies as of late. But I for one am glad Google has made many of those changes. And I am sure many of the issues labels, studios, and companies brought against Google was their lack of control of their app market. With google venturing into more projects they had to make sure their strongest asset (Google play store) was not burnt to the ground by the same backyard devs they spawned. So if you get your apps from the play store, avoid apps with less than 100 installs and/or 3.5 rating then you should be good.