ANT+ for Android?

andulinde

Reaction score
Until I got my Droid, I was an iPod+Garmin runner. I'd like to be able to downsize to just the Droid. Droid plus apps like runstar make the GPS functionality of my Garmin Forerunner pretty obsolete, but I need the heart rate monitor, so I still wear this ginormous Garmin tumor on my wrist when I run. Anyone heard anything about possible ANT+ interoperability coming to an Android market near you?

I saw recently that the iPhone has ANT+ interoperable apps/hardware that allow it to talk to, e.g. Garmin heart rate monitors, etc. For reference, here's a link to an iPhone offering like what I'm talking about:
This is ANT, the Wireless Sensor Network Solution

zeekrey

Reaction score
Response from Digifit on android integration

I also would really like to see a device similar to the digitfit but for Android. I use the hrm, cadence sensor,speed sensor, and Garmin GPS devices.

"Hi Corey,

Thanks for your interest in Digifit Connect.

In short, if the droid platform adds ANT+ (and doesn't require the hardware), we'll enable the apps to work on this platform. This is a real possibility as ANT+ becomes the new standard technology in fitness and health sensors. Stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Kelly

Kelly Lazarus || Director of Marketing and Operations || Digifit

mobile: +1 805 689 3224
email: http://www.digifit.me/feedback.html

Last edited:

trailgroomer

Reaction score
Droid X is ANT+ Ready

Motorola's Droid X is ANT+ ready... with a firmware update. The Droid X uses texas instruments WiLink 6.0 which supports ANT+ protocol. It's soooo close, please Verizon/Motorola/Google get us the rest of the way there, and the Droid X will become so much more powerful.

wmpierro

Reaction score
Droid X ANT+

So, is there a firmware update so that the Droid X can connect with ANT+ devices? If so, where can I get it?

hblz

Reaction score
now ANT+ app for several phones!

Hi there,
I just found the organisation that now delivers an app for a lot of phones other than Sony. Even my old HTC pro running Windows mobile can receive ANT+
The app uses allways the internal ANT+ receiver
The company website is: Endomondo | Community based on free GPS tracking of sports

goodluck