Another sad goodbye

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Never say goodbye just , see ya soon. DC will never go away and neither will u :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thanks! I like that.

See y'all soon!:)

martytoo

Reaction score
I became worried yesterday because my power on/off key feels like it lost its spring. I'm hoping I won't be saying goodbye. What is the typical response from Verizon when a subscriber with a Droid bought on day one does a mechanical death?

If you really want to keep your d1 you could file an insurance claim or pick one up off of ebay or craigslist. Pretty sure vzw isn't selling them anymore and the factory warranty will have run out on you.

What I did was install Button Remapper to allow me to make the volume down button act like the power button. The only time I need to use the power button is in recovery.

I also realized that I can access the prior menu (go up one menu) in recovery by using the back button. So the half dead power button doesn't seem to be the death of my Droid.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I just pit button remapper on my power button lost its complete useabilty its off and on lol now my camera button is my new power button .... nice recommendation

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great app. My power button hasnt worked for months

martytoo

Reaction score
The more recent recovery (2.5.0.1)uses a "back" option to move back to the main menu - so that the power button is not needed. The last choice in all of the secondary menus is "back".

The back key (lower left hard key back) which used to bring you to the prior menu is no longer working on the recovery that is on my phone.