Another sad goodbye

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well folks,

I am making the move away from my faithful D1 as well. My wife wants Android and the upgrade price/bogo offer on the D3 was too good to pass up.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all the great people on the DC team (and those in the forum that contribute to its greatness) for everything they have done (before joining Woodyman over in the D3 forum)

Woodyman - Thanks for everything you've given to the D1 community from SD to DC, it's always been great stuff that ran well. Thanks for answering my questions (no matter how noob they were) and staying in touch with your users.

Davros - Thanks for everything from Metickmod themes, to GimpSquad to your involvement here. Thanks for letting me beta test your themes and for putting up with my dumb/annoying questions. You don't know how much I appreciate all of this.

Swallisa - Thanks for everything you do to help make DC what it is.

others:

guidot - Thanks for being such a great support person and for all the testing you do for Davros.

jayR83 - Thanks for your awesome themes and your responsiveness to questions.

buckmarble - Thanks for your ports. Good ROMs need themes and you're really hooking people up.

I'm gonna miss you guys, but hopefully one day we'll meet again. Woody, have you unlocked the 3 yet? LOL I'll probably be around now and then to watch the progression here. Plus My D1 is going into retirement with DC on it baby!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You are welcome my man! I'm not going to retire my d1 until it dies. When I upgrade I'm adding another line($15 with my work discount) and puting it on it. Can bear the thought of not having it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

martytoo

Reaction score
I became worried yesterday because my power on/off key feels like it lost its spring. I'm hoping I won't be saying goodbye. What is the typical response from Verizon when a subscriber with a Droid bought on day one does a mechanical death?

VBHOKIEFAN was your deal only possible because of BYGO? I am assuming that most of us will be able to upgrade soon. When does soon kick in?

If anyone reading has the same problem I would like to hear what your experience has been with the. power button.

swallisa

Reaction score
Dude we can always grab the prop and vendor files and port DC over if you get tired of GB!!!

At least come by and say hey to us diehards.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

jayman350

Reaction score
I became worried yesterday because my power on/off key feels like it lost its spring. I'm hoping I won't be saying goodbye. What is the typical response from Verizon when a subscriber with a Droid bought on day one does a mechanical death?

If you really want to keep your d1 you could file an insurance claim or pick one up off of ebay or craigslist. Pretty sure vzw isn't selling them anymore and the factory warranty will have run out on you.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sad to see another one go.but times they are a changing. Glad you enjoyed the themes. But fear not as woody and i have become good acquaintances and him having a d3 i have agreed to do some theme work for it asap. Whether i end up with one or not. :) best of luck to you

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the props man!

Sorry to see you go, but I'll see you again in D3 land possibly!

:D

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, it seems to be a sad day in the d1 world. I had to take advantage of the bogo today also because my wife phone got drowned in bubbles. No worries though. Going to keep the support going for themes on my end!

DavidM.

Reaction score
How are you liking the Droid 3 so far buck? I'm available for an upgrade soon. Would you recommend it?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How are you liking the Droid 3 so far buck? I'm available for an upgrade soon. Would you recommend it?

Don't have it yet. It will arrive Tuesday. Messing around with it at the store, it seems like a very solid phone. Smooth interface and the physical build seems build well. I used the x2 right next to it and it was a dog compared to the d3.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
also sad to say goodbye, but at least your moving to a device I have!! We'll have you a DC ROM again soon.. :)

My thoughts exactly! One of my main reasons I decided to go with it.

pistacio

Reaction score
I just jumped on the D3 bogo offer after playing around with it in the store today...$149.99 with my credits and upgrades online. Can't wait to get 'em.

I'm going to miss DC11... it's set up perfect too :(

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums App

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Never say goodbye just , see ya soon. DC will never go away and neither will u :)