Another ICS Leak this time for the Droid BIONIC!

bigred8380

Reaction score
@Jayman and @Nobreak- thx for the heads up! I've done this stuff on PSP's, just not my phone. I will deffo reads some of the tutolials and wait on conformation that we can get back to .905 if something goes astray.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Woooot! Awesome can't wait to see gummy take this an run!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

djkms

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. If I flash this there is no more safestrap, no more fxz'n no nandroiding, notta ziltch, im stuck with this ROM?

I was flashing ICS custom rom builds - many of them, and a slew of problems with them. Radios not working, data not working, camera not working, bug after bug after bug. I am currently on stock GB rooted and EVERYTHING works.

You guys who are taking the plunge with no life raft are crazy!!! What if there are radio issues, data issues, etc. What is your plan then?

I think its best to wait for a scene release until the kinks are working out, wouldn't you agree? Or am I misisng something here?

nobreak1970

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. If I flash this there is no more safestrap, no more fxz'n no nandroiding, notta ziltch, im stuck with this ROM?

I was flashing ICS custom rom builds - many of them, and a slew of problems with them. Radios not working, data not working, camera not working, bug after bug after bug. I am currently on stock GB rooted and EVERYTHING works.

You guys who are taking the plunge with no life raft are crazy!!! What if there are radio issues, data issues, etc. What is your plan then?

I think its best to wait for a scene release until the kinks are working out, wouldn't you agree? Or am I misisng something here?

So far EVERYTHING seems to work. I am sure there will be an FXZ soon enough, and I am sure that devs will take this and run with it. Lot's of new cool ROMS.
:icon_ banana:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
One MAJOR difference. Those were built by guys sitting at their computer and running on top of the Gingerbread Kernel your phone comes with. THIS one is from Motorola with full access to all the proprietary firmware/software as well as contact with Google/Android and the hardware vendors they deal with. That is a pretty MAJOR difference between the homebrew ICS ROMs you've tested on top of a Gingerbread Kernel.

djkms

Reaction score
So far EVERYTHING seems to work. I am sure there will be an FXZ soon enough, and I am sure that devs will take this and run with it. Lot's of new cool ROMS.
:icon_ banana:

Is it a true update or does it wipe and you have to reinstall everything? I would assume the later since it is a complete OS change...

Edit, nvm. I see that it has to be from 905 - which I am on 904 which means that I have to fxz to 902 then update to 905 then update to ICS. Think with all that is involved for me I will let the devs play with it for a bit!!

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
One MAJOR difference. Those were built by guys sitting at their computer and running on top of the Gingerbread Kernel your phone comes with. THIS one is from Motorola with full access to all the proprietary firmware/software as well as contact with Google/Android and the hardware vendors they deal with. That is a pretty MAJOR difference between the homebrew ICS ROMs you've tested on top of a Gingerbread Kernel.

See, it's not so crazy after all! ;)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
See, it's not so crazy after all! ;)

Though I don't blindly endorse installing it either. :) This is the first leak (that installs)....and going from leak to leak is more difficult than going from stock to leak (or stock to OTA ICS). The Razr has had quite a few leaks and is apparently just now entering SOAK testing. The Droid 4 is on it's 5th....and I haven't installed it yet.

And if it's like the Razr and Droid 4 leaks....there won't be anyway back to Gingerbread.....ever. The last few Razr leaks have prevented that and all the Droid 4 leaks. It'll be the same when the OTA official ICS pushout happens.....no way back to Gingerbread.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I want to give this a try sooo bad! But the insecurity makes me nervious.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I want to give this a try sooo bad! But the insecurity makes me nervious.

Same but ill just wait for gummy to implement it into their build for us soon as that's done im back in gummy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Honestly this leak appears ready for prime time!!!
I can't find a thing wrong with it.

Moto did the bionic right this time.