Another Droid 2 stuck at Bootloader

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a droid 2 stuck at the bootloader. I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing has worked. I have used Windows 7, Ubuntu and XP pro. Both windows versions come back with the same error. Everything looks good with RSDlite 4.9 until it gets to "Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE0); phone disconnected"

I have tried 2 different 2.3.20 full SBF files. I have renamed them, cleared rsdlite log files and reinstalled RSDlite and moto drivers. I am also not able to get into stock recovery. I can get to the little guy with the exclimation point, but hitting the search button on the keyboard does nothing. Hopefuly I'm just missing something simple.

I have bootloader D2.37 and it says battery OK and OK to program.

Thanks for any help

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Thanks patmw123
Flashing through linux as I type. Will let you know how it goes

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Well it completed. Everything looked good, but it just reboots back to the bootloader. Still can't get into the stock recovery

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If you unplug the phone after its completed and pull the battery it still boots into bootloader when you replace the battery and power it on?

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Hi
I realy could use some help I did a factory restore on my rooted Droid2 and now it doen not function .I can get to boot load and factory reset screen .thats it .
I used rsdlite 4.7 with updated drivers to flash 2.3.20sbf it recognised my phone in bootload mode and the flash started went to 100% then said failed. Is there another file I should be useing did I just kill my phone ??The rsd 4.9 would not work for me
I have read and read till my eyes gave up .Im just plain lost
I love the phone is there any hope . Please

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not 100% sure about which file to flash for the droid x. I believe the most recent update was 2.3.340 for the droid x. Since the termination of the team black hat app from the market, I don't know a specific location to find the correct droid x sbf. Google should be able to find it if you just search on there. I hope this helps.

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Is there a difference between the flash files for the x and the droid 2 . Should I be looking for the 2.3.340 .
Ill look for it but any other suggestions on why the first flash did not work.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
If you unplug the phone after its completed and pull the battery it still boots into bootloader when you replace the battery and power it on?

It always goes back to the bootloader

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Droid 2 sbf - 2.3.20
Droid X sbf - 2.3.340
I wouldn't use a the X file on the D2 or vice versa.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Ok i used the right file is there another to use or Is there anything else I can do
Can this phone be this touchy . Doing a factory restore after a root can do this to a phone ??? that is all I did

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It always goes back to the bootloader

What rom are you coming from? Gingerbread?

Honestly I have no idea. I just got the phone like this. Never heard of a truly bricked phone if you can get to the bootloader. Figured I would give it a try.

The reason I ask is because in Froyo on the D2 after holding x and power (and the exclamation triangle appears) you press the physical search key on the keyboard to boot into stock recovery. For the gingerbread leak its a little different. Instead of pressing the search key after seeing the exclamation triangle press both volume up and down buttons (and then it goes into stock recovery). It's probably best to figure out (if you can) how the phone got to its current state and then go from there. Good luck.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Ok i used the right file is there another to use or Is there anything else I can do
Can this phone be this touchy . Doing a factory restore after a root can do this to a phone ??? that is all I did

Did you wipe the cache as well in recovery? I would try that first.