Annoying lag using Home++ / Can I just add screens to stock home?

liguy257

Reaction score
This is getting to be a bit more involved than I wanted, haha. All I wanted originally was to simply add more screens. I went from that, to downloading Home++, bettercut, icon packs, etc. I like Home++ but I'm getting very annoying lags whenever I'm in an app and I click the Home button. 3-5 seconds at times, then the screen finally comes up, and I have to wait again to swipe to the next screen. I don't have that much crap on my phone so I'd be surprised if it's a memory issue.

So at this point I'd rather go back to me stock home screen, but I need more than 3 screens. Someone suggested "Launcher+" but that was kind of clunky as well, and is functioning like a home replacement app, which isn't what I want in this case.

Is there really no way to simply add more screens to the stock Home set up? Should I be getting these lags when using Home++?

superglen99

Reaction score
maybe check out helix launcher? it has a spot at the bottom for 4 icons much like home++ thats quite handy

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
download launcher from the market, more screens is all it does.

lol did you read my post?

It's running as a seperate thing, not simply adding screens to the stock home screen. I'd have to re-add all my icons, short cuts, widgets, etc.

It would be cool if there was something that worked that way Home++ does, where you can scroll through the screens from end to beginning as opposed to going backwards--I liked that feature.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
maybe check out helix launcher? it has a spot at the bottom for 4 icons much like home++ thats quite handy

I'll try it. I don't get when I'm getting such a lag when using the other one though, it's kind of turning me off of the idea of using a replacement app.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
download launcher from the market, more screens is all it does.

lol did you read my post?

It's running as a seperate thing, not simply adding screens to the stock home screen. I'd have to re-add all my icons, short cuts, widgets, etc.

It would be cool if there was something that worked that way Home++ does, where you can scroll through the screens from end to beginning as opposed to going backwards--I liked that feature.

There is no app to modify the behavior of the stock homescreen app. If you think about it, you'll realize that would involve modifying the functionality of that application. That would require both root access and modification of an application integrated with the o/s.

As far as a 360 degree rotation among homescreens, that's supported by GDE. You may find, however, that the lag you object to in Home++ is present in GDE, as well.

All home screen replacements require that you "re-add" your apps and widgets to the program.