Annoying Alert

rhenretig

Reaction score
My Droid regularly sends me alerts when there doesn't seem to be anything to be alerted to. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to stop this without turning off the alert signal?

OP
R

rhenretig

Reaction score
Annoying alert signal

When I have activated the alert signal it seems to go off at various times when there isn't anything to be alerted about. Has anyone experienced this problem? Maybe someone knows what it is trying to alert me to.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you have an alarm set? Might check the alarm clock app to make sure none of the alarms are checked.

Also, are you checking the notification bar (pull down the bar at the top of the screen)? If you're getting an alert, there should be something there telling you what's going on.

matthai5

Reaction score
Do you have the app locale installed? If so it could be your settings changing.

Troy

Reaction score
nah, mine does it too. It'll say I have a new email when I really don't. Weird...

heem

Reaction score
The email thing happens to me too. It will occaisionally alert a new email when there is none. To the OP, I would set different alerts for all your known alerts, that way you can at least know which one is setting it off.

stevel

Reaction score
I also started getting a lot of extra email alerts, and just figured out what is causing it on my Droid. Might be something else for other people.

I just rebuilt a laptop and re-installed Outlook. It is looking at the same email server that my Droid email is. I accidentally set it up as IMAP on the laptop. That account is automatically downloading email and in some cases automatically deleting it...and in some cases I delete it. This deletes the email on the server too.

The Droid seems to sound an alert when it gets email and when the email is deleted from the server and the Droid list. So I might get half a dozen alerts and there was no new email. What I didn't notice until today is that old mail was being deleted.

Steve