Android2Cloud

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ran across this and I did do a search, didn't see anything on it.

Android2cloud works like Chrome2phone only in reverse. You put an extension in your Chrome browser and download the app to your Droid. You have something come up on your Droid (2.2 only) and you can have it transferred to your Google Chrome Browser on your computer.

I'm uncertain as to whether or not this is available for Firefox, but it works great with Chrome.

Here is the link to install on your chrome browser for the extension.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp?hl=en

You can find the app in the market.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha, hookbill didn't you just start a thread yesterday that you finally got Chrome2Phone on your Droid? Liked it so much you did some research ehh? Ha. Thanks for another find!

EDIT: Just installed. So it looks like I woudl need to just copy the URL from the browser and paste it in the app... pretty cool.

Last edited:
OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, hookbill didn't you just start a thread yesterday that you finally got Chrome2Phone on your Droid? Liked it so much you did some research ehh? Ha. Thanks for another find!

Yeah I was stumbling around trying to find an extension for someone for Google and bam, this app comes up. And your welcome! :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I just ran across this and I did do a search, didn't see anything on it.

Android2cloud works like Chrome2phone only in reverse. You put an extension in your Chrome browser and download the app to your Droid. You have something come up on your Droid (2.2 only) and you can have it transferred to your Google Chrome Browser on your computer.

I'm uncertain as to whether or not this is available for Firefox, but it works great with Chrome.

Here is the link to install on your chrome browser for the extension.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp?hl=en

You can find the app in the market.

Great find hook :) will install later for sure.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to bump this for the afternoon crowd. Just in case somebody didn't see it. Or maybe the lack of comments is because it's on Chrome?

LT*

Reaction score
I just recently converted to Chrome, and have been loving ChrometoPhone. This sounds like it will come in handy at times. Thanks Hook!

djh074

Reaction score
EDIT: Just installed. So it looks like I woudl need to just copy the URL from the browser and paste it in the app... pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

u can also send from the "share" button in browser. no need to copy/paste!

paddyforan

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread. I just wanted to pipe in and point out that the application *should* work on every version of Android- 1.5 to 2.2. That's what I've told it to do, at least. Please do let me know if that's not the case.

Also, as was mentioned, if you use the Menu hardware button in the browser, choose more, and choose share, you should see an android2cloud option. That is much easier than copy/pasting links. :)

Finally, if you have any ideas/requests, please let me know. You can post to the Google group (android2cloud | Google Groups), or file an issue on the project page (android2cloud - Project Hosting on Google Code) and I'll get to work on it. A Firefox extension does not exist yet, but if you're interested, I could try my hand at making one. Same with an iPad app, a Safari extension, or whatever you want. Or, even better, YOU can try. The platform is open and easy to use (I hope!) and I'd love to help anyone that wants to try their hand at it.

Thanks for all the feedback, and for giving my app a whirl.

--Paddy Foran

Ryzor

Reaction score
A Firefox extension does not exist yet, but if you're interested, I could try my hand at making one.

--Paddy Foran

I really love this app, but as a Firefox user it would be really awesome if you did make an extension for it. I have been hoping for something like that since Chrome2Phone came out.

-Ryzor

paddyforan

Reaction score
A Firefox extension does not exist yet, but if you're interested, I could try my hand at making one.

--Paddy Foran

I really love this app, but as a Firefox user it would be really awesome if you did make an extension for it. I have been hoping for something like that since Chrome2Phone came out.

-Ryzor

I've gotten that request a lot today (Lifehacker just featured it). The next release is going to address security fears (secure connections, etc.), and the release following it is going to focus on expanding the browsers and devices you can use the service on. :)

-- Paddy Foran