Android Watch Recommendations Please!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can the G Watch R run Android Wear 2.0? I thought it was too old and not on the 2.0 list? Happy shopping @Gudasau ; hope you find something that fits your needs and something you like. That's the most important thing. The Moto 360 "flat tire" has never bothered me in the slightest, but it does bother a lot of people and I can understand that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can the G Watch R run Android Wear 2.0? I thought it was too old and not on the 2.0 list? Happy shopping @Gudasau ; hope you find something that fits your needs and something you like. That's the most important thing. The Moto 360 "flat tire" has never bothered me in the slightest, but it does bother a lot of people and I can understand that.
Not sure. I think it's around the same vintage as the 1st Gen Urbane that I have & mine is on 2.0. Though, now that you mention it, something like that does kinda seem familiar...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It doesn't bother me, per see, but I never run white watch faces because of it.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hate to do this to you. Have you even heard of the true successor to your G watch? Here's a nice example of one for only $90. I give you...the G Watch R.
LG G Watch R 46mm Stainless Steel Case Black Classic Buckle(Factory Unlocked) -… 603453780552 | eBay

Swappable straps, no flat tire, ip67. It's basically your watch...just round.

You're killing my @PereDroid!
I'm not interested in a lateral move, but it kinda makes sense. This isn't going on my list either, thanks for the offer to add even more confusion to my little brain.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, @Sajo!
I'm down to the Urbane 2nd gen & the Zenwatch 3. Leaning heavily on the Asus. Liking what I'm reading. The band changing days will be few and far between with either, but I'll just turn my focus back to changing faces. I haven't done that in quite awhile.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hehehe
Go with the Z3. Get the lug adapter for $38 down the road and change bands all you want.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wait ... Why is TicWatch out? Bands are changeable like regular bands.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hehehe
Go with the Z3. Get the lug adapter for $38 down the road and change bands all you want.

Yep, you're reading my mind. I'm looking at a couple refurbished stainless steel bezels and weighing the differences in price. Not too much of a price difference, but enough to buy the adapter