Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
i can get a Asus ZenWatch 2 for $105

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
May I bring this thread back to life for a few?

As some of you know from another thread, I'm looking to upgrade from my LG G to something with a round face. I *think* I have it narrowed down to gently used Moto 360 Gen 2, Urbane Gen 2, or Zenwatch 3. At the moment, my question stems from something I saw with the Urbane. It appears it's tied into our cellphone carrier and I'm confused as to what makes that one one different? Is there and advantage to having it "unlocked" or a Verizon model? Is there a monthly fee on my cellphone bill? My LG isn't a carrier specific model, but still shows me when someone's calling -- and who. What am I missing that this Urbane Verizon model is going to give me?
Also, do all three of my above mentioned run AW 2.0 or higher? I feel like I've looked at so many lately, I may be skipping something critical at this point in my search.
**EDIT** I forgot I've got the Ticwatch on my list, as well....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think all of those will run Android Wear 2.0

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I think all of those will run Android Wear 2.0

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I thought so too, but I've been reading about so many I started confusing myself. It's nice to have y'all around to check my homework :D
Is there any reason to avoid a watch tied in with Verizon? Is there a monthly fee associated with it? If so, no big deal, the more I look, the more I'm liking the Zenwatch which doesn't have any notations of VZ, Unlocked, or AT&T with it in the listings.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That watch has a cellular radio on it so it can work independently of your phone on the VZW network for a fee. You do not have to use that feature and it will function normally with out it.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As a fan and owner of Moto... seriously, drop that from your list. There is no need to deal with the flat tire when you have so many options...

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Dropped!
Seriously, I've been sitting here at work (painfully slow today) comparing specs, looking at pictures, etc... That flat tire would bug me, I think.
The more I read, the more I'm liking with Zenwatch 3. The IP67 rating has sealed the deal for me -- I think LOL. Now, to decide on the color of the bezel and find the perfect used one for me.
Quick! Before she changes her mind!:rolleyes:

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yeah! I saw that somewhere in this forum. That's a pretty cool little piece. I wish I were clever enough to come up with something like that!
The watch looks pretty big, but I think it'll be okay for me. That IP67 is what I'm totally hooked on. I'm outside a lot in the warmer months and have to stop what I'm doing and lock up my watch somewhere when it rains. It would be convenient to just keep on plugging along.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hang on!
What's the true difference between the Urbane 2nd Gen and the Zenwatch 3? I guess I stopped reading about the Urbane when I saw it was associated with a carrier. It's IP67, as well. I've got the specs of the two pulled up and don't see that big of a difference -- from my cluelss side of smartwatches. The Urbane is cheaper AND I can swap out the bands easily. Wouldn't it make more sense to go with the LG?
IF I were to go with the LG and NOT connect it to VZ, do I still need to get a VZ or Unlocked model, or does that matter?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It does not matter. It's like buying a VZW phone and never activating it and only using it on WiFi. It will work fine!

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I stand corrected on the ease of swapping bands on the Urbane. I don't know what I thought I saw, but it wasn't correct. Well, I can tell ya it's down to those two. Who knows which one I'll end up with. Thanks again, @PereDroid !

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Definite Moto advantage.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hate to do this to you. Have you even heard of the true successor to your G watch? Here's a nice example of one for only $90. I give you...the G Watch R.
LG G Watch R 46mm Stainless Steel Case Black Classic Buckle(Factory Unlocked) -… 603453780552 | eBay

Swappable straps, no flat tire, ip67. It's basically your watch...just round.

Matter of personal preference, but I don't care for the ticket Mark's on that bezel. Makes them redundant if you have an "analog" face with tick marks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk