Android problem handling MMS?

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
I have posted about this a few times and used to think I was the only one. Three of my friends who also have droids have the same issue.

I really can't believe Google has not fixed this... :icon_evil:

xstreampcreviews

Reaction score
I have a solution! I can now send both pictures and audio AT SAME TIME(Motorola Droid

(I JUST JOINED TO ANSWER THIS AND I FEEL HAPPY AND EPIC SO I WILL CONTINUE ANSWERING QUESTIONS!) srry for caps.

So i was browsing for the solution and found NONE! So i started messing with my phone, i have the latest version of Handcent SMS.
So, what do you do?? Well, go to compose new message.
now do the following:
1)Touch the menu button and select "Attach"
2) Now a small window or screen will pop up asking if you want to send Picture or Sound.
3) Scroll down a little more and find "Slide Show"
4) Hit " Add Slide"
5) add your photo, and you still see the option to add sound!
6) Viola!!!!! Tried it ZOMG! i feel so happy now that i can send this!!!
SAME WORKS WITH STOCK MESSAGING APP!!!!!
Tried on Motorola Droid w/ Android 2.1 and handcent as well as stock app!
If you want to thank me, please subscribe to my TWO youtube channels and say thanks, i will also be making videos of the motorola droid.
Click below to subscribe on youtube!dancedroid

YouTube - XstreamPCReviews's Channel
YouTube - uranoob2007's Channel

Have a great Day!!

jamiehughes

Reaction score
(I JUST JOINED TO ANSWER THIS AND I FEEL HAPPY AND EPIC SO I WILL CONTINUE ANSWERING QUESTIONS!) srry for caps.

So i was browsing for the solution and found NONE! So i started messing with my phone, i have the latest version of Handcent SMS.
So, what do you do?? Well, go to compose new message.
now do the following:
1)Touch the menu button and select "Attach"
2) Now a small window or screen will pop up asking if you want to send Picture or Sound.
3) Scroll down a little more and find "Slide Show"
4) Hit " Add Slide"
5) add your photo, and you still see the option to add sound!
6) Viola!!!!! Tried it ZOMG! i feel so happy now that i can send this!!!
SAME WORKS WITH STOCK MESSAGING APP!!!!!
Tried on Motorola Droid w/ Android 2.1 and handcent as well as stock app!
If you want to thank me, please subscribe to my TWO youtube channels and say thanks, i will also be making videos of the motorola droid.
Click below to subscribe on youtube!dancedroid

YouTube - XstreamPCReviews's Channel
YouTube - uranoob2007's Channel

Have a great Day!!

yep, handcent is pretty much all ya need...seems funny how an aftermarket app has to be used to fix a bug or problem that the peeps that made the phone cant seem to get fixed, or maybe they really dont care, since they already have gotten our money for the phones...

FingersXG

Reaction score
Hate to tell you this, but sending isn't the issue. I addressed the sending question several posts back. The issue is receiving. If someone sends an mms from a non-android phone with a pic and a sound it will not play together.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
when i first got my droid i had this problem. here it ended up being becuase of allthe free apps i downloaded! THEY caused the problem. and for me it was the antivirus software i downloaded. after i did a factory reset the problem was gone! and i didnt reinstall the antivirus app

FingersXG

Reaction score
when i first got my droid i had this problem. here it ended up being becuase of allthe free apps i downloaded! THEY caused the problem. and for me it was the antivirus software i downloaded. after i did a factory reset the problem was gone! and i didnt reinstall the antivirus app

Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you understand the issue that being discussed here.

A hard reset does not fix the issue.

Handcent does not fix the issue.

Chomp SMS does not fix the issue.

The issue is with the android software.