Not receiving all my texts / can't send MMS on Sourcery 2.2

bloodstains

Reaction score
Two separate problems but I'm thinking they might be related.

I get most of my texts but definitely not all of them. I've only had Sourcery for a few days and already received several phone calls "WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING TO MY TEXTS?" from a handful of people.

Haven't been able to send MMS/picture messages either. It just shows it as always attempting to deliver but never actually going through (that rotating dashed circle thing in Handcent).

I've tried using Handcent and stock messaging, both are giving me the same problems. Any suggestions?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
nope

Two separate problems but I'm thinking they might be related.

I get most of my texts but definitely not all of them. I've only had Sourcery for a few days and already received several phone calls "WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING TO MY TEXTS?" from a handful of people.

Haven't been able to send MMS/picture messages either. It just shows it as always attempting to deliver but never actually going through (that rotating dashed circle thing in Handcent).

I've tried using Handcent and stock messaging, both are giving me the same problems. Any suggestions?

sorry man. im still running sourcery on my droid 1 and never missed a text(that i am aware of) and always had problems sending mms picture messages on the droid all the way back to stock seemed to work best verizon to verizon but never able to send 1 to a tmobile phone. but i know many have using sourcery so i dont know.
i used it as my every day driver until i got the g2x last wednesday but since I stopped development i relly only used what i use no testing and such.
Mr. chizzle any ideas do you use this stuff does it work?

I do know one thing i made a big mistake listening to the clamoring and switching base to 2.2.2 which was a pain besides but it had the random mms send bug fixed in it but since they obviously did mess with the mms part maybe they screwed that up. dont know. but i never had any problem sending or recieving plain text messages.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I never had such isuues.. no coalls lost or text or mms. I do have a question though.. were you running a gb rom prior to sourcery?

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
funny

I never had such isuues.. no coalls lost or text or mms. I do have a question though.. were you running a gb rom prior to sourcery?

a little after i put my response it occured to me that it sounded just like the Gingerbread roms. im betting titanium or an equivelent backed up from a gb rom . or a poor wipe . thanks for confirmation chizzle knew youd be here . maybe we should open this back up it appears people are finally figuring out that GB has no business on a droid. and coming back to froyo roms. hmmm.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Its funny how everyone had the gb bug and now they realize these are actual bugs..

But gingerbread is great , sorry im back phone rebooted gingerbread... dam froze that ti.... ok back again yeah i love Gingerbread using it to type this now. Ginger...............well damn ok where are those froyo roms. :)

OP
bloodstains

bloodstains

Reaction score
Haven't had a full GB rom on here yet, the last thing I used was "Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)". Not sure what elements Bugless incorporated from Gingerbread but never really thought of it as a GB rom.

Do you suggest I wipe and try to reinstall Sourcery? One thing I did was went straight from BB to Sourcery 2.2, never installed 2.0 first. Is it worth trying to reinstall 2.0 and then from there go up to 2.2?

No other issues besides that, would kinda hate to wipe everything and then have that not be my problem after all.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That is your issue right there... Please wipe cache and data a couple of times and install Sourcery 2.0 then 2.2 and gapps. you should be good to go...

GB related bugs are so powerful you have to really clean house to get rid of them.. :icon_evil:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yes do this.

Haven't had a full GB rom on here yet, the last thing I used was "Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)". Not sure what elements Bugless incorporated from Gingerbread but never really thought of it as a GB rom.

Do you suggest I wipe and try to reinstall Sourcery? One thing I did was went straight from BB to Sourcery 2.2, never installed 2.0 first. Is it worth trying to reinstall 2.0 and then from there go up to 2.2?

No other issues besides that, would kinda hate to wipe everything and then have that not be my problem after all.

ok the 2.2 full rom doesnt work it appears. so download 2.0 than do the update to 2.2 after wiping data and cache. hey do me a favor since you did it that way look in the about phone and tell me what it says for your kernel. before you do any of the above what does it say now. thanks

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

ok the 2.2 full rom doesnt work it appears. so download 2.0 than do the update to 2.2 after wiping data and cache. hey do me a favor since you did it that way look in the about phone and tell me what it says for your kernel. before you do any of the above what does it say now. thanks

LOL Eagle i was gonna ask if you caught that.. Time to spark Sourcery back up.. The demand is there :)

OP
bloodstains

bloodstains

Reaction score
Kernel says:

2.6.32.9_slayher
slayher@slayher-linux-laptop #12

I wanna say I chose the Slayher 1000mhz kernel on the Sourcery Tweaks page. Either 1000 or mayyybe 1100? But not sure.

I'm gonna charge my phone and then do the wipe/clear, load up 2.0 and then 2.2 tonight. Hopefully it works out! Not too sure how to test it since it seems I get most of my texts, just not all of them.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
oh ok

Kernel says:

2.6.32.9_slayher
slayher@slayher-linux-laptop #12

I wanna say I chose the Slayher 1000mhz kernel on the Sourcery Tweaks page. Either 1000 or mayyybe 1100? But not sure.

I'm gonna charge my phone and then do the wipe/clear, load up 2.0 and then 2.2 tonight. Hopefully it works out! Not too sure how to test it since it seems I get most of my texts, just not all of them.

thanks but since you choose a kernel it didnt tell me what i wsa looking for :) but yeah wipe and try it and see what happens.

OP
bloodstains

bloodstains

Reaction score
It's too soon for me to tell if the text problem is fixed - BUT!!

Battery life is a MILLION times better!! Sourcery's been giving me maybe 6.5-7 or so hours of battery life UNTIL I flashed 2.0 and went to 2.2 from there. I'm only 3.5 hours in but still at 90% battery. (I'm using a cheap battery I got from Amazon.com, so I've grown accustomed to terrible battery life - but so far so good!).

Also the battery use page is listing all my apps whereas previously it was just showing system apps. My problems with syncing contacts between google and facebook are also gone. Much, much happier with Sourcery already.

Off topic - but I still haven't been able to install themes. Was trying to do Black n Bold through Sourcery Wizardry and in Terminal Emulator it pops up something saying "Short Write" and resets the phone while the update.zip is only ~50% downloaded. I haven't searched for a thread on this yet so this might be an easy fix, figured I could just download it on my computer and load it through Nandroid so no big deal.