Android N Features Find Their Way To The Google Camera!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The latest version of Android is still unofficial and has only seen a limited release as a developer preview for select devices. With the new version of Android we are seeing lots of new features. The Google camera was just updated with some cool new Android N Features. In the menu where you select panorama, and photo sphere you will now be able to use a feature which allows you to snap photos while shooting video and another feature that allows you to use slow motion. If your camera app has not seen the update yet head to the link below for the app download.

via Play Store

JDH

Reaction score
Tried your link, msg: " not available in your country "

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weren't we always able to take photos while shooting video? I remember with my Moto X 1st gen I was able to do so. It came with Android 4.2 I believe.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Weren't we always able to take photos while shooting video? I remember with my Moto X 1st gen I was able to do so. It came with Android 4.2 I believe.

I don't know if you can do it with the Google Camera, but I can confirm that it was possible with the Moto X 1st Gen's native camera. I had that device as well and remember using that feature a couple times. Google Camera is an app available from Google that is separate from the native camera on any phone (except for maybe a Nexus device...perhaps the newer Nexus phones use Google Camera?).

I did have the Google Camera app installed on my Moto X 1st Gen but only used it a couple times. From what I recall, it lacked some options that the native Motorola camera had so I went back to the native camera app and uninstalled Google Camera.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Not to be that guy but most of what I see Google pushing out in the last 2 versions Samsung has had for years.... multiple apps in same screen, photos while recording..... which I really use a lot by the way.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was going to say the same thing Miller....Sammy has had these features built in for quite awhile now.
I guess it's good news for Nexus fans, so that's always a plus.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
AFAIK, the Google Camera didn't allow taking pictures while shooting video previously. I'm pretty sure I tried it on my 6P and had no luck.

Yeah. They do eventually add things that OEMs have previously done. My DroidX was the first phone that I'm aware of that had panorama assist, even before iOS got it. Now, everyone has it or something like it.

I like the Google Camera because it's very simple. I'm not a professional photographer and don't want a bunch of settings options getting in my way and risk myself potentially messing up what should be a great shot on auto. If I knew more about white balance and everything else, sure, I might like more options, but my 6P has taken some very great shots on auto, so I like the minimalist approach to the camera app.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's where the V10 camera apps smokes everyone. You can do automatic and have it that simple. Or switch to manual for a truly incredible shot. I was utterly blown away by the V10 in manual mode. But for someone like my sister (who owns it) she will never use Manual...