LEAK: Android N Will Be 7.0?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With Google I/O just around the corner we can expect to see a final build on Android N. For now Google has not revealed a tasty treats name or build number for Android N. OEM developers are already working on their own builds of Android N featuring their proprietary skin overlays. Samsung made mention of the version number earlier in release notes for the Multiwindow SDK.

In the Change History Samsung labled Android N as "7.0". With the developer preview of Android N not really seeming like a major overhaul it makes you wonder why Android wouldn't be giving the version a more incremental version Number (ie ICS 4.0 to KK 4.4). Maybe Google has decided to simplify the numbering system of the updates. Then again this could be an educated guess on Samsung's part.

via SamMobile

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
N should be a minor. 6.5 not a major upgrade like KitKat to lollipop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agree. While they seem to be adding some great new features and tweaking some old ones, the core of the system and the UI seem to be the same thing we have in 6.x.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree that the 7.0 numbering seems odd based on the changes already published...seems kind of minor. But, the more tragic fact is that this time next year we will have less than 5% of all phones world wide on Android N and maybe...maybe have 20% of all phones world wide on Marshmallow. I completely understand why this is the way it is in the Android world, just wish it would change. Then more people could be excited about each Android version.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk