Android Musical Instruments

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen/tried a couple guitar apps, tried a piano one and wondered what sort of luck the musically inclined are having with the various android music apps, and if they find them limited or not.

After having watched this video of iApps I decided that all I want for Christmas are some better Android music instruments. If you've find some, feel free to add to the list

[video=youtube;F9XNfWNooz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XNfWNooz4[/video]

Ones I've tried:
gStrings - a tuner app
g-tar free
rockout
guitar solo light
Musical Lite with piano

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the second video I've seen, I saw one of some guys on a subway train doing it with iPhone and this one. I don't play well but I know where the chords are on a keyboard so I downloaded the Piano on my iPad. It really would take some practice to do what some of those guy do, it looks much easier then it is.

The piano is a free app in the App Store so devs should be making one available in the Market soon I would think. If there isn't one there already. I still think if people want better apps for the Market they are going to have to open their wallets and be prepared to shell out 10 to 20 dollars for good high quality apps. From what I see in the Droid community people don't part with their money well.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Not that this helps with Android apps, but touch interfaces have the potential to do more than mimic other instruments. They could create completely new an configurable instruments. Seline HD is an early example of what might be possible.