Android Market

dolpns13

Reaction score
The market will only allow me to view up to 500 apps. Once I get to the 500th one the apps stop loading and at the bottom of the screen there is a message that says, "authentication required. Please sign into your Google account". Aren't we already signed in by default? Anyone know what this is all about and how to get past it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

Papa_T

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing. Can someone help us get past this point??

Danny1971jdw

Reaction score
The market will only allow me to view up to 500 apps. Once I get to the 500th one the apps stop loading and at the bottom of the screen there is a message that says, "authentication required. Please sign into your Google account". Aren't we already signed in by default? Anyone know what this is all about and how to get past it?

yes, I get that message too when I'm surfing through the Adroid Market. I just go on to another category.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
So there's no way to get past it? Essentially there are only 500 free apps in the market? That sucks

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Bump.. So anyone know what's happening here?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Wow, this is bad news. I guess I'll have to start to worry about it in another 20 years. :D How can anyone download 500 apps?

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Wow, this is bad news. I guess I'll have to start to worry about it in another 20 years. :D How can anyone download 500 apps?

Not that I want 500 apps but most of them are crap anyways.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Android Market is a great facility for Android user by Google because it allows to download many apps for free while other top service providers charge for it like Apple.

I understand this but it still doesn't answer my question

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

This is simply an arbitrary number they picked basically I spouse feeling that if you didn't find what you're looking for in the first 500, your not going to find it in the next 500. Since the apps are sorted by relevance to the search term, the farther down the list you go, at least in theory, the less likely what you're looking for will be. There are potentially literally many thousands of apps for a particular search them, but at some point it becomes a matter of overkill.

There is no getting past the 500 Limit unless you look to third party search tools, and there are several. Search on the Play Store for market search. I know of two, Appbrain and Best Apps, but there may be others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited: