Android Market issues

erasmussen14

Reaction score
I have purchased an app in the market and recieved an email confirming my payment for the app. But instead of downloading, it just sits and I get a blank download bar that says "Authorizing Purchase..." below it.

Is this an issue with the Market or the developer?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have purchased an app in the market and recieved an email confirming my payment for the app. But instead of downloading, it just sits and I get a blank download bar that says "Authorizing Purchase..." below it.

Is this an issue with the Market or the developer?

Probably just a slow server. I've noticed apps sometimes get "hung" on the authorization step. I suspect, however, that if you simply back out of the installation and try again, the authorization will have been recorded and you can install. If it hasn't been recorded, you can try again. I've never experienced being charged twice when this happens.

Taegost

Reaction score
I've been having intermittent issues with the market the last couple days, after applying the market fix. Some apps will download right away, some will take 5-10 minutes to start, and I had two apps that didn't even appear in the download list for 2 days...
And all of those I queued up at the same time :)
Like jsh said though, try cancelling it and downloading again, I've noticed that works about 75% of the time to force it through.