Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well I got a bit of a surprise via twitter in a tweet retweeted by Paul OBrien on what we can expect after "Ice Cream Sandwich" and coincidently was the first time I ever guessed (I think a lot of us guessed this) what the next operating system for android would be called, to quote the article tweeted..

"We’re hearing from a trusted source this afternoon that the next version of Android after Ice Cream Sandwich will be known as “Jelly Bean,” continuing Google’s longstanding tradition of naming Android builds after sweet treats in alphabetical order. What we don’t yet know is the version number — in fact, Google has yet to say what Ice Cream Sandwich’s version number will be, much less Jelly Bean’s.

Additionally, our source tells us he’s hearing that the “game-changing stuff” that had originally been scheduled for Ice Cream Sandwich is now being pushed to Jelly Bean, though we don’t know exactly what those big features are. Since its launch at Google I/O in May, the implication has been that Ice Cream Sandwich will help unify Android’s phone and tablet efforts — represented right now by Gingerbread and Honeycomb, respectively — into a single trunk, but beyond that, very little has been said about what ICS will bring to the table.

With rumors of the Ice Cream Sandwich-powered Nexus Prime from Samsung hitting a fever pitch lately, it seems likely that an announcement is imminent (in fact, Eric Schmidt has said as much), so hopefully we’ll get some insight on where these two builds shake out very shortly."

Via: Twitter and Exclusive: Android ‘Jelly Bean’ comes after Ice Cream Sandwich | This is my next...

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Someone guessed after JB will be Key Lime Pie. Anything else fit K at all?!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Someone guessed after JB will be Key Lime Pie. Anything else fit K at all?!

I think a few of us guessed key lime pie .. all I can think of off top of my head right now... been a long 2 days :blink:

nikecar

Reaction score
Krispy kreme

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

pistacio

Reaction score
...those are all brand names, we don't want any lawsuits now, do we? Lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe I'm reading this update a little differently from everyone else, but the comment:

"the “game-changing stuff” that had originally been scheduled for Ice Cream Sandwich is now being pushed to Jelly Bean"

has my blood near-boiling. Am I reading this right?!?! This looks like the exact same line *we were fed with Gingerbread, and then Honeycomb. OK, not the exact same line, but the same rationale: "The NEXT release will fix all the problems of the past!!!" Honeycomb was supposed to be the perfect tab OS, but then like every other version of Android individual manufacturers added layers on top, creating fragmentation. "But WAIT, Ice Cream Sandwich will UNIFY the Android ecosystem! Phones and tablets will leave together harmoniously!"

And now we hear that it ISN'T ICS...it's the next release instead. ARGH. I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown getting punked over and over by Lucy. :censored:

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

LocoRon

Reaction score
gadgetrants, I think ICS will still fullfill at least that basic promise: It will be the one codebase to program for, for phone, tablet, and TV. Beyond that though, it probably won't bring much to the table.

Still, I wish they'd actually take a longer time for major OS versions, so they can actually implement all the planned features, and do it right, rather than creating some line of BS (Honeycomb isn't "complete" so we don't get the source? BS!). Of course, bug and security fixes should be pushed out for more rapidly than they have been.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
gadgetrants, I think ICS will still fullfill at least that basic promise: It will be the one codebase to program for, for phone, tablet, and TV. Beyond that though, it probably won't bring much to the table.

Still, I wish they'd actually take a longer time for major OS versions, so they can actually implement all the planned features, and do it right, rather than creating some line of BS (Honeycomb isn't "complete" so we don't get the source? BS!). Of course, bug and security fixes should be pushed out for more rapidly than they have been.
A moment after submitting my comment I had the same thought...maybe the cross-device integration will be there, but not a feature-rich OS. I'd be willing to live with that. :)

-Matt

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I came up with a few ...

K) I'm sticking with Key Lime Pie as a few others mentioned also
L) Licorice (Although, Liquor is quicker but candy is dandy) Anyone know what movie that's from? :)
M) Milk Chocolate
N) Nectarine? Coming up blank on this
O) ...... I don't think will be any fruits

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
N) Nectarine? Coming up blank on this
N = nougat?

"napoleon" is HIGHLY unlikely (too esoteric)...but note that it's a cousin to...ECLAIR!

-Matt